Upheave

King Malleus' P. O. V

Parched lips rivalled with an increasingly dry mouth and a throat that threatens to close up has me taking a sudden step back. The person's eyes peering at me rending both myself and my wolf speechless.

My wolf at a lack of words mostly because he's confused, not quite understanding what is going and even though I feel the exact same way; I'm left speechless for another reason all together.

"I know I said I wanted us to get closer but I meant in like a 'bro' way. You're looking at me as if you want to devour me and I mean in the kinky way." The voice I find incredibly annoying almost has me wanting to clamp my ears shut but what stops me is the intermingled voice of someone I'm deeply in love with.

I take a deep breath, trying to collect my thoughts but even that ends up as a terrible mistake since the uncanny scent of Fie invades the entirety of my being. It's almost as if I'm wrapped up in her arms with my nose in the crook of her neck.

Count to ten. Clear your mind.

Following the tedious actions of my own, I rip my eyes away from Ezra and over to the others, wondering if this is only happening with me and the man in front of me or if the others are subjected to this torture as well.

"Malleus. What is happening?" Another voice to my left speaks up, a cautious as always Wolf tilting his head at me from underneath his hood. The signs of skin visible but only the fluid movements of his cloak moving with his own actions.

"I think since I was so focused on making sure their minds were clear," I begin slowly, licking my lips while focusing my sight on Wolf and Wolf only, not daring to glance at Ezra, "I didn't barricade my own mind well enough." The admittance is like poison to my tongue and I have to stop myself from cringing back as the voice I'm trying to block out speaks up.

"What does that mean? What's happening to you?"

My wolf whines lowly in the back of my head, not liking the delicate sound of our mate intertwined so confusingly with someone even the other half of my being considers an annoying pest.

"You're Fie." Is all I get out, turning to look at the man in question but stopping myself from doing so.

It's too weird.

It feels wrong.

"I'm sorry your Majesty, but what?" Thaddeus asks, stepping cautiously away from the gate and venturing closer to me.

"This magic tries to play with your mind even if you're aware of the fact. Right now it's trying to confuse me over the presence of Fie." I inhale deeply, trying my best to not let any scents get to me in any way possible, "Every time I look at him, it's as if Fie and his essence are interspersed. It's difficult to explain." I give up, yanking a hand through me hair and nearly pulling out my hair at its roots.

Silence reigns for a few moments, everyone lapsing into confusing thoughts and I'm sure not even Keir understands exactly what is happening.

"Fie?" The chorus that raises up from around us makes me want to smack every person within this vicinity. The frustration of the current chain of events getting to me and putting me more so on edge than I was when I left Fie to enter this God forsaken forest.

"This must be a tactic by the witches. They must know we're coming and they're trying to throw the King off his senses." A guard a few feet away from me whispers to his comrade, most likely unaware that I can hear him even at the so called discernible level.

"Are you calling me incompetent?" My gaze is directed at the soldier who spoke up moments ago, making him aware of the fact that I heard him and want a serious answer. I ignore the harsh inhale followed by the miniscule sound which erupts as the man shivers in his place, the air shifting around him almost as if that too wants to flee this weird animosity filled condense area.