Hallow

Fie Wright's P. O. V

The quickly darkening sky is followed by an even quicker drop in temperature as the rain patterns against the window panes and making a racket, nonetheless, the sound soothing to my ears as I make my way down the hall, the sound of my footsteps muffled by the carpet underneath me. I draw my arms closer to my chest in the hopes of warming myself up just that tad bit more while the lights slowly flicker to life in the long walkway.

I nearly open up my mind link in protest, the autumn evening on such a particular day too bright for what I had plans for but thankfully, it's like my dear lovely mate already knew what I was thinking as only a few lights illuminate my stride, the rest of the glow coming from candles scattered this way and that while a few pumpkins line my path.

"Spooky." I whisper with a delighted smile, the inner child within me jumping for joy since I finally managed to get Malleus on board with the festivity, if you can even call it that. I mean it's not like we're going to have children knocking on the castle door asking for trick or treats, hell, I don't even know if the people here celebrate Halloween the way we do back in my old realm but I simply couldn't let the day go by like any average one that we spend in the castle.

Even Ezra supported me on my little venture and when we pitted ourselves against Malleus to decorate the castle even the tiniest bit for simply one evening, the man finally relented with a few kisses from me and many threats of kisses from Ezra.

'Where are you?' Filters in my mate's voice, the sound catching me off guard as I trip over nothing but thin air, a subtle blush coating my cheeks as I catch sight of one of the maids scurrying away with a basket full of linen, I would have thought she hasn't seen me all flustered at something so trivial but the slight tugging at her lips as she tries to conceal her smile has me blushing even redder.

'I'm coming to your office. I'm nearly there.' I reply back, not missing the slight whine that runs through the mind link which is most definitely from his antsy wolf. Malleus claims it's only his wolf but it seems he forgets I'm his mate and can practically look through everything he does like transparent glass since I already know Malleus is like an overgrown breathing teddy bear. He tries to deny the obvious fact but that gets thrown out the window especially when he more or less started pouting at me when I decided to wake up earlier than usual and since Malleus didn't have anything important to tend too, he nearly threatened me with no tea if I didn't get back into bed to cuddle with him.

Of course he was met with no complaints from me since I myself look for any excuse to cuddle up to my mate and smother him in affection while he does the same to me.

Ugh, I'm surprised I don't make myself physically heave by how I'm wrapped around my mate's finger. I'm whipped and I can't deny it one bit.

Smiling to myself when the familiar door comes into view, the one thing that separates me from my mate, I fasten my pace and nearly end up swinging the door open wildly. I manage to compose myself before I end up looking like a love starved maniac to whomever might be inside, my mate included. Luckily, however, the only person in the room is my mate who himself looks worse for wear, a  crabby look in his eyes as he sits staring at his laptop with his arms crossed over his chest. I'm surprised he's not huffing in protest and stomping his foot on the ground with the pouty expression he's currently sporting.

"Hello little wolfie," I greet cheerily, enjoying the way Malleus' head snaps up since he was apparently too consumed in his thoughts to catch my scent that's concentrating in the air rapidly with my arrival. Not missing a bat of an eye, Malleus straightens up and opens his arms wide as I practically skip my way over to him, landing directly in his arms after my mini leap and giving him a peck on the lips in greeting.