- chapter 26 -

y/n was worried.

she woke up around 8 am, nervous as hell. after everything that happened last night, she had every right to be. y/n hadn't spoken to ethan since he left her hotel, louis almost the same. they only exchanged 10 words at the most, him telling her he would pick her up.

y/n got dressed pretty quickly, trying to distract herself from the awkwardness she knew was on the way. she passed the time on her phone, scrolling on instagram and twitter until she got a text.

-

louis

louis
hey, i'm here

y/n
omw down

-

the girl sighed and grabbed her bag along with her folder that had all her information she needed for the audition. y/n locked the door behind her, texting tom that she was on her way to the audition. he was asleep but she didn't want him to wake up with her gone, his room was quite literally across from hers.

y/n arrived in the lobby. she searched for a tall frame with fluffy hair. she found him standing next to a fake plant on his phone, a folder also in his hands. she smiled at the sight of him, but quickly dropped it when she remembered the state they were currently in. louis looked up just on time as she was approaching him, they both lightly smiled at each other.

( die trying - michl )

"hey." y/n said.

"hey." he replied putting his phone away. she sighed.

"look-"

"i'm-"

they both started at the same time but stopped when they realized they were talking over each other. y/n laughed.

"you go first."

louis nodded and resumed his sentence, "i'm sorry. you were right with what you said to will, i was with him the whole time. i shouldn't have gotten upset, we aren't dating and its not my place. you are free to like whoever you like, and i'm sorry that i ever made you feel otherwise."

although this wasn't the most appropriate occasion to do so, y/n laughed after he finished his apology. she thought he was the most clueless boy ever. omar was right, they truly are clueless. y/n thought she made it obvious that she liked louis, but apparently not.

she saw the confusion written all over his face.

"louis, you don't have to apologize. you didn't do anything wrong." she explained.

"yes i did. i completely screwed up. i let my feelings get the best of me just because i like you and that's-" louis cut himself off.

y/n was stunned that he admitted it, on purpose or accidently. it didn't matter to her because she felt the same.

"shit. i mean shoot! i didn't mean to say that! i mean, i meant it- wait no! it wasn't supposed to happen like that! i-"

"louis."

"what?!"

y/n laughed once again. she couldn't help but laugh because his british accent was really prominent when he was nervous.