- chapter 28 -

"...ethan."

ethan smiled at y/n before looking behind her. louis was like a shadow following her around. ethan's smile quickly faltered. max seemed to notice the tension between the three. of course he noticed, it was his fault.

"ethan!" max dragged, walking up to him. "max, my man."

max and ethan shook hands and pulled themselves into a half hug. almost as if a reflex, y/n noticed louis fixated stare upon ethan. y/n positioned herself to be right next to louis in a matter of seconds.

it was in the final moment y/n saw ethan and max starting to pull away, she grabbed louis hand, twisting it with her own.

louis physically relaxed. he looked down at their intertwined hands and smiled to himself.

ethan and max started their own conversation, ethan was a couple feet beside y/n, as max was to louis.

while the two were sparked in their own conversation, y/n turned to louis, still keeping hold on his hand.

"do you wanna go?" she mumbled so that only he would hear. louis looked down at their hands once more, then to ethan, then back at the girl in front of him.

"yes."

that's all y/n needed to hear. she dragged louis towards the two.

"hey, we're gonna get going to the room." y/n smiled sadly, wanting to get out of this awkward situation.

they both turned to louis and y/n. ethan looked at y/n first, then to louis, who was looking back at him. ethan seemed to notice the unnatural angle louis shoulder was at. he looked down and saw the two holding hands. louis gripped y/n's hand, making sure it was still there for him to see. ethan looked back up at y/n.

"oh, i'll join you two."

"no, no." y/n laughed. she looked between ethan and max. "we've already done our catching up, and its been awhile since you guys have seen each other. we won't interrupt. max. you have our folders."

y/n started to walk towards the door, still rambling so that they couldn't get a word in, "thanks again, max! we'll see you in there, ethan."

y/n was already halfway out of the door as she finished her sentence. as soon as the door closed, leaving ethan and max alone in the room, y/n started to run away from the door, holding in her laughter so they wouldn't hear from the hallway. she was dragging louis with her, who was also holding in his laugh.

once she felt like they were far enough away, y/n stopped and shook her head laughing.

"that was so dramatic." she scoffed. louis nodded, laughing with her.

"jeez, did you see their faces?" she laughed. "well, not max's in particular, but ethan's? yeah, i saw it." louis smirked. y/n hit his chest. "shut up."

"let's go, shall we, m'lady?" louis stuck out his arm, making sure his british accent was shinning through.

"we shall." y/n laughed, linking her arm through his.

they arrived in the audition room in no time, it was set up just how y/n thought it would be. there were many chairs set up as a waiting area for those to be called on, there was a camera set up for what seems to be for example photos. there was a door that most likely lead to where the auditions were being held in, the door had a sign on the outside that said 'quiet during auditions'.

like max said earlier, multiple people had already gone, but there were some people who were waiting. y/n recognized only two, such as, olivia rodrigo and jenna ortega. there was one boy who had curly brown hair and matching brown eyes. y/n wasn't quite sure who he is, but she made sure to send them all polite smiles, they returned them. louis and y/n took their seats, texting back and fourth to pass the time until they were called for.