Chapter 29: Battle of The Undying (part 2)

Previously:

He only turned his head back, a smirk on his feminine face.

"A good thing that I am not human then, my boy." he whispered loud enough only for him to hear.

And with that, he took out his nichirin sword and started running in the direction of an ongoing battle. And even tho there was a big hole in his uniform and haori, the skin below looked pristine and healthy, as if there had never been a wound at all.

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION OF VIOLENCE AND A LOT OF BLOOD

With each new crash, she grew more worried for her friend. He was there, fighting, surely Gyuutarou has already come out to 'play'. If only she had been paying closer attention to her surroundings. She lured him out and now Uzui had to deal with him. But he should be alright, he was a hashira... right? And image of Kyojuro's smiling face flashed through her mind and she grit her teeth. Where has all this belief gotten her? Her best friend was dead, she had turned into a monster in a moment of weakness, hell, she even hurt Giyuu! Yes, she believed in the Sound Pillar's strenght but she had to go and make sure he would be alright.

She turned the corner only to see the white-haired man fighting a scrawny, disfigured fellow. He had big dark birthmarks all over his skin, his body so thin that his ribcage and spine protruded out and his waist was thiner than his arms. The boy was holding two sickles in his hands and had a very disgusted look on his face. And Uzui... he was already bleeding. It wasn't too much, but enough to make her worried since the demon seemed to be completely fine.

"You're so niiiiice, man... Niiice skin, niiice face, niiice flesh... I can't get any fatter myself. But would you look at that, you're so tall, maaan... I'm sure you're popular with the girls, maaan..." he drawled out, "The envy, man, the envy..!"

It was slightly scary, how his voice wavered as if the words themselves were liquified. And the crazy look in his eyes betrayed such insanity that it made her shudder. Yes, Douma was evil and insane too, but he wouldn't let the bloodlust flow free out of his body, he concealed it well. But this, this was pure hatred, darkness and hunger for death.

"Well ouf course, I'm a flamboyant ladies' man. I even have three wives." the hashira stated flatly.

(Y/N) cursed inside her head. Didn't he see he was only angering him more? This could be bad, really really bad! She had no idea how strong this new demon was.

"Onii-chan!" sounded a shrill voice that she knew all too well.

Daki was still alive!? Damn her, she and her brother were probably connected, unkillable unless both were ended at the same time.

"That's the one I was telling you about! The one that cut my head off, the one that bullied me so much!!!" the silver haired demoness screeched and pointed an acusing finger at (Y/N).

"Huuuuh? You dare bully my cute little sister..? I'm gonna tear you apart from the inside, maaan..." he growled.

"Ren, you're injured, get out-" Uzui started but was cut off by her.

"I'm fine Uzui, I'll explain it later, I promise." she said and subtly motioned to her healed body.

His eyes widened in shock but he nodded and faced the demons again.

"Take the chick, I'll take care of him. Flamboyantly, of course." he whispered and she nodded.

"Just be careful, he's worse than she is."

She dashed in Daki's direction, slashing at her to force the demoness to go further away from her brother.

***