Chapter 18: Demon Hunter (part 2)

Previously:

"Shhh." and all the rucus calmed down,"Kibutsuji has come after Tanjiro and he managed to shake him off. But now that he has shown us his tail for the first time, I don't want to let go. And I think that it is about Nezuko. That something unexpected has happened to Kibutsuji... So do you understand?"

Everyone was quiet, it seemed that Oyakata-sama has finall convince them. Well... until Shinazugawa roared in anger.

"NO I DO NOT UNDERSTAND, OYAKATA-SAMA! WE HUMANS CAN LIVE BUT DEMONS MUST NOT, I CANNOT CONSENT TO THIS!"

He grabbed his sword and (Y/N) thought that he would try to kill Nezuko... but he cut his forearm instead. What was going on, was this man crazy? But then she understood his intent. The man shoved his arm above the box and let his blood drip onto it. She could smell the metal and copper again and she almost gagged.

"I will show you the ugliness of demons, Oyakata-sama! Come on, you filthy creature, sink your teeth in!"

Of course she wouldn't come out, she was a demon. And the sun was up and bright, this man was kinda stupid. But his methods were clever and scary... Although she had to admit, very efficient. If Nezuko tried to eat him now, the witch would have no choice but to turn on her. But she believed in her... she believed that the girl's will would be stronger than her hunger.

"Shinazugawa, it won't come out in the sunlight, you have to bring it into the shade." advised the snake man.

He was smart, she'd give him that, but she still didn't consider him a nice guy.

"Forgive my rudeness, Oyakata-sama." and with that the scarred man jumped onto the shaded engawa and took the box with him.

Tanjiro tried to stop him when he drove his blade into the box but he was quickly pinned down by the Snake pillar. And so Sanemi stabbed into the wood with no remorse and the boy could only watch with his eyes full of tears. (Y/N) didn't approve of this, she really didn't... But she needed to see it anyway. Would Nezuko turn out to be just another demon? And if so, would that mean that Giyuu would die for that? Was that really okay with everyone here? Did they really all hate him? She couldn't understand it, he was such a nice person.

No, she wouldn't allow that. If Nezuko was going to end up being a man-eating monster, she would still try to save both humans in this trial. It wouldn't be their fault and they deserved a second chance. Plus she doubted the girl would actually be capable of killing any of the hashiras. The only thing she could do was sign her execution order. But she knew that that wasn't the only reason she was so determined to save the two Slayers' lives, no. She felt almost motherly protective of Tanjiro and the Giyuu... he managed to worm his way into her lonely heart long ago. A man of few words but many emotions, he had the most beautiful eyes in the world... and he was one of the very few people she could consider friends. She would never let him die, same with Shinobu and Kyojuro.

After a few stabs, the door of the box flew away and the demon girl lifted herself from it. Her pupils were dialed and she was breathing heavily. The man in front of her shoved his wounded arm into her face and she stared at it, sweating profusely. Tanjiro was trying to get out of the pillar's strong grip but he couldn't even breathe, much less push him off. (Y/N) didn't even notice the Water pillar move but suddenly he was pulling the Snake hashira off of Tanjiro and as soon as the boy could breath, he screamed for his sister.

"NEZUKO!!!"

And the moment her name left his mouth, she turned away from her bleeding torturer.

"Shinazugawa-san has cut himself over and over, shoved his bleeding arm into her face and yet Nezuko didn't bite him. That is a proof that she won't attack humans right there." proclaimed Oyakata-sama.