The Marauders Afterlife Chapter 7

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait but here's Chapter 7! Hope you enjoy it. Please remember to comment and vote. Thanks everyone!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 7

Fred sat there, wondering about what his new 'Marauder name" should be. Everyone else has a nickname. James was Prongs; Sirius was Padfoot; Remus was Moony; and Pettigrew had, once been Wormtail. They had also explained to him how they'd gotten these names. They all had something to do with their animagus forms. Fred still remembered the time he had gone with the three good Marauders to Dumbledore to check if they would still be able to transform.

...

Flashback

They were walking, trying to find Dumbledore in this mass of people. It sure was a hard task. Even if they looked around for his silvery-white beard, it wasn't much use, seeing as everyone here was translucent. Finally, at last, they spotted him, talking to another elderly man. They waited patiently for him to finish and when at last he was done, they proceeded to him. The old man smiled at them kindly.

"Hello. And what brings you here?" he asked in his gentle voice.

"Hello sir." they replied in unison.

"We thought we'd come to you seeing as you know like, everything. We just wanted to ask something. Something very important." James began.

"You know how we're animagi? Well, apart from Remus who's a werewolf, you know," Sirius continued from where James had left off. Dumbledore nodded.

"We were wondering if we would still be able to transform now that we're uh, dead." Remus finished off.

"Ah yes. I should have guessed you would ask." Dumbledore smiled, and even though they were lifeless, his eyes twinkled.

"Well?" the marauders asked. Dumbledore sighed "I am sorry, but no, you cannot." James and Sirius gasped "You're kidding right?" Dumbledore shook his head sadly "No I'm not I'm afraid."

Remus however, smiled "So does that mean I won't have to go thruogh painful transformations every month?" Dumbledore laughed "That's right. You don't. Well, there is hardly any moonlight here, is there." he waved his arm around, indicating the bright place, yet no light was needed to illuminate it.

"It's all good about Remus, but what about us? We were able to turn at will," James protested.

"You can't anymore." Dumbledore replied.

"You've got to be joking," Sirius muttered.

"No Sirius, I'm afraid I'm... serious." Dumbledore chuckled.

"Oh man..." James muttered darkly, completely ignoring the joke.

"Well, if that's all, I have some other business to attend to." Dumbledore said.

"Yes that's it. Thankyou Albus." Remus said.

"Not a problem. I'm sorry James, Sirius." Dumbledore apologised to which they just shook their heads.

"Goodbye sir." they all chorused and Dumbledore smiled "Goodbye Remus, James, Sirius, Fred." and with that, he literally glided away.

"That explains it. I've always wondered why I could never transform. Damn. Why didn't I ever think of asking?" James wondered out loud. Sirius patted his back and said "It's okay mate. Oh and you didn't think of it 'cause you're James."