The Marauders Afterlife Chapter 15

• Dedicated to all my readers. <3

A/N: Hello there my lovely people! I'm so sorry I haven't uploaded in awhile, but I really wanted this to be the last chapter and I had no idea how to end it. Nothing major happens in this really, but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 15

Fred carefully raised his head out of the pensieve, and stumbled backwards. His appearance was ghastly. He looked exceedingly pale and he had great big crease marks along his face. Everyone was looking at him expectedly, but he simply stood there staring into the pensieve blankly. That was one of the most exciting, yet scariest things he had ever done, alive or dead. He had just talked to his living brother. His brother, his twin brother, his best friend, his other half, that was living in a completely different world. He had just had a conversation with him. not only that, but he had just saved his life. Maybe he shouldn’t have done that? Maybe if he hadn’t saved him, he could be with him right this moment. He would have come along and they could have gone back to being their inseparable selves. No. he was just being selfish now. He knew that what he did was right… or was it? george had a long and bright future ahead of him, of course. But perhaps it was fate that got him stuck in that fire. How the fire had even started, Fred never got the chance to ask. He could hear George’s voice in his head, pleading him to let him go. To not save him so he could come up and be with him. Maybe that was what was meant to happen. Things happen for a reason after all, do they not? But when Fred had that flash of his brother suffering, being destroyed and torn apart in those burning flames, he simply had to do something. So, he got help and saved his life. But now, he was having second thoughts. It was driving him insane. He missed his brother so much. After their little moment they had just had, so many memories had come tumbling to him. All the times they shared together, all the fun they had, all the serious talk they had done, all the trouble they had caused. Fred knew that George had an amazing life, and he knew that he had to live it to the fullest. But he also knew that as long as George didn’t have him next to him, he would always feel a hollow part inside him. So maybe, maybe, he should have let him come? But no, of course he couldn’t have let George get hurt like that. That was ridiculous… Things happen for a reason… But not this…

“Fred?”

“Fred are you okay?”

“What happened?”

“What did you see?”

“Did you do it?”

“What did you do?”

“Is George alright??”

Fred heard a number of voices firing questions at him. he didn’t know which voice belonged to which, and everything was completely muddled up in his head. He groaned and moved his hands over to his face, covering it with his palms. He felt delicate hands gently place themselves on his shoulder and rub him soothingly. Fred relaxed a bit and moved his hands away to find Lily frowning at him. when she saw him look at her, she smiled softly.

“Are you okay sweety?” she asked.

“I- Yeah. I think so,” Fred replied, frowning.

“Fred, do tell, did you succeed?” that voice belonged to Dumbledore. Fred turned to face the older man, whose eyes held that mysterious sparkle they always seemed to withhold.

“Yes. I did. I saved George,” Fred informed everyone. They all cheered, and Dumbledore smiled warmly at Fred, before stepping forward and embracing him.

“You did the right thing Fred,” the wise man told him, pulling back.

“Did I?” Fred asked, his eyes averting.