The Marauders Afterlife Chapter 14

A/N: Hey all! I'm so sorry I didn't upload last week. I was really busy all week. So hopefully you can forgive me for that. This chapter is unlike any other chapter I've written... It's got a lot of Fred and... Wait for it... George! The end is quite sad too. Or well, I found it quite sad. I tried to make it all like "action-ful," but I;ve come to the conclusion that I should never try to write anything with a lot of action and intensity in it because, well, I kinda suck at that type of writing. So anyways, I hope you enjoy this, and hopefully the chapter isn't all that bad. :)

Enjoy reading! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 14

Everyone’s head snapped towards Fred.

“Trouble? What do you mean trouble?” Lily asked calmly to the hysterical Fred.

“I don’t know! He’s just in pain. I can feel it. We need to help him Lily. We need to! Please.” Fred begged, his eyes swimming with water.

“Okay Fred, calm down. Tell me everything first,” Lily instructed.

“Well I was just chilling and then I felt this sharp pain sear through me and suddenly I felt all hot and I felt like I was suffocating. And then I started thinking stuff like “Oh my god, I’m going to die,” but then I realised I’m already dead and I can’t die, therefore I must be in George’s head and I think he’s in trouble and he’s going to like burn to death and he’s I think like in a fire and he’s suffocating and-“ Fred rambled hysterically, but Lily inturrepted him.

“Shh Fred, that’s enough. We’ll see what we can do,” she said.

“But George! My twin. My other half. I can’t let him suffer any pain. Please, we have to help him,” Fred looked at Remus helplessly.

“These are two different worlds Fred. I don’t think we can do muchs to help George…” Remus said uncertainly. Fred cried out in frustration, making Remus flinch.

“Go find Dumbledore. He’ll be able to help us,” Lily ordered, and James and Sirius ran off in two different directions, searching for Dumbledore. Lily addressed Remus and Tonks, “you two, stay with him. Keep him calm. I’m going to go see if I can find any information on how to intercede with the another world, just in case Dumbledore can’t help.” Remus and Tonks nodded their agreement, while Lily rushed off to the library.

“Ahhh!” Fred screamed, doubling over and placing his hands on his knees.

“What’s wrong??” Tonks quickly bent down to eye level with Fred, to see his face flushed and slightly red.

“He’s… we need to help. Soon. He can’t hold on much longer. Help. Now.” Fred rasped. Remus grasped his shoulders and helped him sit down. Fred placed his head in his hands, just as Dumbledore came floawing along, with James at his side, and Sirius bolting over to them.

“What’s going on?” Dumbledore asked in his voice of authority. Fred looked up at the old man and retold the story.

“Is there any way we can help?” James asked, concerned.

“Well…” Dumbledore began, but just then, Lily came running along.

“Guys! I found it. I found a way! Oh Albus. There you are. I found a book with instruction on how to connect with another world in it!” Lily exclaimed.

“It’s never been done before,” Dumbedore mused.

“Please Dumbledore. This is my brother’s only hope. I have to save him. we’re running out of time. I can’t let him suffer like this. Please,” Fred pleaded. Dumbledore scrutinised Fred, and soon made up his mind.