The Marauders Afterlife Chapter 12

A/N: Hey hey hey! What is this? Oh, it seems to be the next chapter of The Marauders Afterlife. See? I promised you this would be up this week! :) So, in my time of away-ness, I had a LOT of comments saying that you guys wanted more of Snape/Lily and just Snape in general... So this has a lot of that! Actually, it's based around just Snape and Lily. Yay! I think this chapter is so beautiful... I hope you find it lovely too. And it's a bit longer than the last one so I hope your disappointment is satisfied with this... Hopefully. And I had a tear in my eye whilst writing the end. So lovely. <3

Anyways, thank you SO much to everyone who read my last chapter, especially to those who commented on it. Your comments always make my day! And a massive thank you to everyone who voted! Shows me that my writing skills haven't all gone out the window, haha.

I shall stop talking now and let you read. ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Severus Snape walked midlessly, just thinking, and wondering. Was he truly the “good guy” people were now hailing him as? Or was he just evil? Was he a victim? Or was he the wrongdoer? He felt as if he had ruined everything. And perhaps he had. He had made his choice, all that time ago. And now there was no going back. He was dead now. That’s a bit harsh… He thought. But it’s true. I’m dead. There’s no going back. I’ve lost. Perhaps he had saved the world from destruction, but he didn’t feel like a hero. Besides, Harry Potter was the real hero. No one really knew how much he had helped the young hero. Actually, they did. Harry had made sure that he was acknowledged for all his sacrifices. He owed Harry that. Harry Potter… the boy he had hated all that time. Or so everyone thought. In reality, he didn’t really “hate” him. How could he? Harry was the son of the woman he loved… The woman he still loves… And will always love. He was the young boy that made her happy. So, naturally, he couldn’t possbly hate him. Truth is, he hated him father. That boy could have been his boy. Of course, it wouldn’t be exactly Harry… He wouldn’t even be a Potter… And that’s what set him off. He was her son with another man. The man that had stolen the only woman he ever loved’s heart. The man who made her happy, when he failed miserably. The man who looked out for her when he left her when she most needed him. He had left her on his own accord. He had had a choice. But later, when he realised his grave mistake, he so wanted to take it all back. But he obviously couldn’t. it broke him. it broke him to pieces. But he couldn’t do anything about it. There was no going back. He had lost her and he couldn’t get her back now. It was too late. The one thing, the one person, that had meant the whole world to him, he had lost and he couldn’t get back, no matter what… Or could he?

Lily Potter gazed at all her close friends, and her dear husband, James. She saw his face light up with a smile because of something Sirius had said. Remus was shaking his head, clearly amused. It’s just like the old times. Lily thought. Without that traitorous rat, of course. Fred and Tonks seemed to be remiscing old times. They kept mentioning “The Burrow,” though Lily had no clue what they were on about. Lily’s mind drifted away from her friends, onto her ex best friend. She missed him a lot. Truly. Every one kept telling her that it was too late to fix their friendship now. That what he had done was unforgivable. And perhaps it was. But he had changed. She knew that he did truly love her. She wondered if he still did though? Maybe he had loved her back in the day and only helped her son until now because of his promise to Dumbledore? Maybe he didn’t care a thing about her anymore? She wondered if he ever thinks of her. Does he ever regret loosing her? Does he ever regret going to the dark side? Does he ever regret choosing murdering innocent people for no reason whatsoever over her? He did ask for her forgiveness when he had come here though. So that meant that he still cared somewhat about her… right? Or maybe he just wanted to make sure he ended on good terms with everyone? No, that wasn’t like him. Maybe I should go talk to him… Lily wondered. But what if he doesn’t want to talk to me? She debated with herself. After a long internal battle with her brain, she decided she was going to give it a go. She wasn’t the type of girl who would back down from something like this. She had to at least try. If he doesn’t care about her anymore, if he doesn’t regret what he had done, that was his loss. At least she would know that she had tried.