The Marauders Afterlife Chapter 8

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait but yeaa... Anyways! I'm sorry its a bit short but... I really do hope you enjoy this! Please do remember to Comment, Vote if you liked it and Fan if you loved it! Thanks everyone!

~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 8

Tonks and Remus stared into each other's eyes. This was the first time they had been together since they had died. Everything had been so hectic. Now, as they looked at each other, they thought of everything they had left behind. Their biggest concern was of course, Teddy.

"Why?" Remus asked "Why did you have to come after me? I told you to stay where you were."

"I know but I couldn't bear just standing there not knowing what was happening to you." Tonks replied.

"Why didn't you do it for Teddy?" Remus asked, hitting a sore spot. Tonks bit her lip and blinked, trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall.

"Oh my little baby. My poor Teddy." she whispered, a tear sliding down her cheek. Remus embraced her and said "He will know why he doesn't have parents. He will know that they died fighting. Fighting for his freedom. And succeeded."

"But my little Teddy. He doesn't- he doesn't-" Tonks broke down.

"It's OK Nymph," Remus said stroking her short hair. "Nymph" was the name he had adopted for her when they had been living with her parents. Calling her "Tonks" there just wouldn't have worked. Of course, he could always call her "Dora", but...

Flashback

"Tonks! I mean, Nymphadora!" Remus called out from outside their bedroom. Tonks appeared at the bottom of the staircase, hands on her hips.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that?" she scolded. Remus just smiled and gestured for her to come up. Tonks sighed and obeyed.

"What's up?" she asked. Remus took her to their room and Tonks gasped. There, next to their bed, was sitting a gorgeous, elaborate baby crib. It looked big but it was quite small and cosy; perfect for a newborn. It had a green bedspread over it with a baby blue blanket and a green pillow. And hanging on top was a mobile with a stag, a large dog and a wolf. Tonks took in all of this, gazing at it in astonishment.

"Did you-?" she whispered.

"Yes." Remus replied, his arm around her waist.

"Oh so thats why you kept on asking me what the perfect colours for a baby who's gender we don't yet know would be!" Tonks exclaimed. Remus chuckled "Yes."

"Aw I love it Remus."

"Thankyou Nymph, glad you like it."

Tonks looked at his, bemused. "Nymph?" she asked.

"Um, well yea. I mean, everyone calls you either Tonks or Dora so I thought- I- well-" Remus stuttered. Tonks smirked and cut him off "I love that name."

"You- you do?"

"'Course I do."

End of flashback

Remus smiled at the memory. Tonks looked up at him at the mention of his nickname for her and smiled.

"Do you think Teddy will be ok?" she asked.

"With a grandmother as loving and caring as Andromeda and a Godfather as wonderful and understanding as Harry? I think he will be more than OK." Remus told her confidently. Tonks nodded.

"Besides, Harry knows what it feels like. He will make sure Teddy will have a happy life. He'll look after him in the best way possible. He will want Teddy to live a much better life than he himself had lived when he was younger." Remus added.

"You're right." Tonks said after a pause "I have been worrying for no reason."

"No Nymph, I was very worried as well. Its alright. He'll be fine."

Suddenly, Tonks jumped back, her eyes widening.

"What? What happened?" Remus looked around, concerned.

"Dad!" was all Tonks said before running off. Remus followed her, yelling for her to slow down. Tonks was fast, very fast, being an Auror and all, but Remus was faster. He soon caught up with her and pulled her back.

"What are you doing. Let me go!" she tried twisting away from him but failed.

"Tonks calm down." Remus said firmly "There is no way we're going to find Ted in this mass of people. Just wait for a bit and when it clears off a bit then we'll search."

"It will never clear off! Infact, it'll keep growing and growing."

"Tonks listen. We should go find out where he lives then go find him. We can't just run off blindly."

"But what if he hasn't got a home yet?"

"Don't be ridiculous. He's been here long enough to have gotten a home a long time ago."

"But what if-?"

"No buts."

"But-"

"I said no buts."

"I wana see Dad!"

"I know you do."

"I wana make sure he's alright!"

"He is."

"And you would know that how?"

"Because I do."

"Huh you're hopeless. Now let me go."

"Tonks! Don't just run in there blindly not knowing what to do."

"But thats what I always did."

"'Did' being the key word. Look at it logically."

"You and your logics."

Tonks had given up trying to free herself from Remus' tight grip and was now skulking.

"Come on." Remus said, pulling her away.

"May I know where we're headed off to?"

"No." Remus said simply and kept walking.

Soon, they reached a clearing. Someone was sitting at a desk and there was a long, long line in front of him.

"What is this place?" Tonks asked.

"It's called the Tracker. You come here to find out the location of someone." Remus explained.

"My goodness. Such a long line." Tonks said.

"Yea I know. But its better than running off knocking on every door."

"I guess so." Tonks sighed and joined Remus at the back of the line.

There was a long silence in which neither Remus nor Tonks spoke. They were both lost in their own thoughts. Tonks was thinking about Teddy; she sure did hope that he would live a long and healthy life. Of course, she didn't doubt that her mother and Harry would provide him with lots of love, care and protection, but still she worried. She didn't want him growing up thinking he was a sad and unlucky orphan. He wanted him to see himself as one of the luckiest orphans ever, which he was.

Remus, on the other hand was thinking about how he had longed to be with his best mates again. And now, here he was, in Heaven, with his two best of friends. He couldn't believe they had overlooked Pettigrew's evil schemes. He thought of Teddy and for a second got worried. But then, that worry soon vanished when he remembered what he had said to Tonks earlier. He knew for a fact that Harry and Andromeda, especially Harry, would make sure Teddy didn't feel left out.

The silence was broken when Tonks said "Oh I cannot wait that long to see Dad."

"Maybe you won't have too." an all-too familiar voice said behind her...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING! Now, Please do remember to Comment... Vote... Fan! Thankyou!