Confusion

I fell from an actual hole in the sky above us. I hit the ground hard as I watched Lucina land perfectly on her feet.

"Cali." My heart thumped as I snapped my head to his eyes. He was in chains against the wall. We were back in my room...but it was a memory. I was on the floor crying.

"Blake," I went to go to him, I turned back watching Lucina as she watched me.

"I'll be honest. I did not expect that." She laughed. "The moon goddess gave me something better than Kara and Romans little heir." She teased.

"I get to entrap you both here, where you have no choice but to follow fates orders."

Blake growled and pulled against the chains. "I'm gonna fucking get out of here and when I do,"

"You won't ever outsmart my chains....even when they don't drape your wrists, you will never be free of me". She promised.

"What about Kare?" I demanded.

"I never...I never cared to hurt Kara." She paused. "Or Rave." She said it as if it pained her.

"She haunts you." I said. "Her and Sienna, but someone does too."

She frowned. "What are you on about?"

"You know there's another force here. I can feel it. It's...it's familial. I felt it with Cynn, I feel it with you...I feel it the most around Kare," I admitted.

"It's someone here that came with you," I laughed.

"And you won't ever unbreak her chains." I said smirking at her. She had no idea what I was talking about but the flicker of fear in her eyes told me I was on to something. I had been learning during my time in captivity. Learning all there was to know about witches and hyros and everything mystical and magical that I could, because I wanted to defeat Lucina. I never knew I was a witch, so I never attempted to do any magic, but I understood the use well.

"What are you on about?" She spat.

I let my eyes wander to Blake and closed my eyes. I opened them when I head the clanking of metal on skin. We were bonded, Lucina and I, so if she could use magic here, so could I.

"You don't get to destroy people," I snapped. "Seriously who raised you?" I watched her smirk falter and instead insecurity replaced it. I felt Blake by my side in a second.

"Don't try it, dog" she warned. "I'm letting those chains stay off."

I ignored the urge to roll my eyes at her arrogance. When in truth, it would be just  as hard for her to win against me as it would be her. Because I then knew something I didn't before, I was also in her head. We were linked. That was the curse.

I frowned in confusion. The blinked . I looked at Blake. I smiled.

"You're perfect." I said to him. "And one day I'll be perfect enough for you." He stared at me in confusion but I saw the tug at the corner of his full, pink lips.

"You are"-

I cut him off now in fear that he would stop me from doing the one selfless thing I could for him, for Kare, for my family.

"But that day will not be today." I said sternly.

"Cali,"

"Importe," I yelled feeling the weight of my actions hitting me like bricks. I watched as Blake morphed into a blend of colors and shapes, on his way to the others...where they would be on there way back home, to awake back in my prison...without me.

"What did you do!?" She screamed. I turned to her, swallowing the hurt, fear and love I was missing. I smiled.

"I won." I laughed.

~~
BLAKE

I felt myself falling with the pressure of the world pushing me down. I hit the earth below with a loud thud. I groaned.

"Blake?!" I heard Kare and in a second there was a bunch of hands around me. I slapped them away and sat up, ignoring the dizziness I was feeling.

"Where is she?" I demanded looking around. "Where the fuck is she?" I asked in confusion.

"She went to find you," I looked at Cynn and rubbed my head trying to focus on the memory I had just left and not the pain in my left side.

"She...she sent me away, I think." I said hesitantly. I was confused. Why would she do that? I groaned in frustration knowing in any other situation, I would've reacted differently but I didn't know it hurting that witch meant hurting Cali. The mixture she drank was supposed to keep Lucina's abilities at bay, as well as Cali's. As I watched them bicker back and forth, it was as if they were mirroring each other. Not like mother and daughter but as if they were copying each other's emotions. What it that's what she realized?

I swallowed.

I blew out a deep breath.

"We need to go back." I announced.

"No!" Kare yelled. She marched toward me. "She'll be trapped here."

I shook my head. She didn't understand. Hell I didn't understand to be honest but I had faith in Cali. For once since I had known of her existence, even with Lucina inside her, today was the first day I could really just see Cali. I could see her laughter, her pain, her fear- without Lucina. For once in a long time, they were separated.

"We have to Kare." I looked her in her eyes. "We have to trust her."