TᗯO

𝔻𝕖𝕔𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟞, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟙☃︎

I was doing drills as I was supposed to when I heard my coach call me over.

"Peterson!" He yelled. "Come here!"

I skated over to him and lifted my mask. "Yeah?"

He looked annoyed. "We gotta talk to you."

My heartbeat sped up. I'm getting kicked off the team, aren't I? I put on a confident face. "Okay, what's up?"

"We re-read the mapping for the hockey teams and..." He sighed in anger. "You're supposed to be on the Ducks hockey team."

My face dropped into anger. "What?! No, I am not joining a team with those losers!"

"It's the law, Amelia. I'm sorry."

I gasped and shook my head. "No, no, no, I refuse to join their stupid team. You can't make me."

"We can actually. I know you're upset and I am too. I don't wanna lose my star player but..." He clenched his jaw. "You gotta follow the law."

I couldn't believe it. I didn't wanna join that stupid team. "No..." I whimpered. "Please, coach. Don't make me leave."

"There's nothing I can do." He shrugged. "You'll be with them starting tomorrow."

I watched him skate away and I scoffed. I couldn't believe this. Bullshit.

My groggy eyes opened and I was dreading going to hockey practice. I didn't wanna play with that bunch of losers. I'm too good to be on their team.

"Lia?" My sister's voice called out to me.

I groaned and heard my door creak open. "Time to get up."

"No," I whined. "I don't wanna be on that team."

She sighed. "I know, but maybe it won't be so bad. I heard they're nice kids."

"They aren't." I shot up. "Especially Luis."

She smirked. "Who's that?"

"This stupid boy I hate." I wiped the hair off of my face. "He's so rude and ugly."

"You probably don't even know him that well." She chuckled. "So you have no say in anything about him."

"Yes, I do!" I shot back. "We have been enemies since I joined hockey thirteen years ago! So, I think I have a lot to say about him."

"Alright, whatever. Get up." She waved a hand at me.

"Nope." I crossed my arms over my chest. "I'm not going."

She sighed and gripped onto my ankles. In one swift move, she yanked me out of my bed and I slammed onto the floor. Air shot out of me like a bullet and I coughed.

"See you downstairs." She smiled.

I rolled my eyes and watched her walk out. As I slowly stood up, I heard my phone ding. I picked it up and saw it was a notification from Instagram.

1 new notification:
Luis Mendoza just shared a post.

Why the hell am I getting notifications from his account? I'm not even following him. I sighed and clicked on the notification. It was another post of him and that stupid blonde girl. My eyes rolled in annoyance as I swiped out of the app. I set my phone down and walked into the bathroom to get ready.

I brushed my teeth, hair, and put on some deodorant, as well as some more appropriate clothes for hockey. As I finished up, I walked back into my room and started getting my bag ready. I aggressively shoved everything inside it and yanked my phone off my nightstand. I stomped downstairs and tried to sound as annoyed as possible.

I heard Lily chuckle. "Be as loud and aggressive as you want, but you're still going."

I groaned. "Ugh. Where's mom and dad? Why can't they take me?"

"Because they have work. Let's go we're gonna be late."

"I hope we get hit by a car..." I mumbled.

She shook her head and waved me out the door. I tossed my head back in annoyance as I slowly slumped out of my house. Lily shut the door behind us and I heard the lock click. I trudged over to her car and huffed once I got inside.

Lily looked at me. "Brighten up a bit, Lia. It'll be fun."

I sighed and looked out the window. "It'll only be fun if I can clock Luis in the head with a puck."

"Amelia!" She smacked my arm.

I snickered and smiled at the thought of hurting him. That punk is goin' down.

The smell of sweat and B.O wafted through my nose. I gagged in disgust and stepped into the hot locker room. Everyone's eyes darted to me and I just angrily stood there. My new coach, Gordon Bombay, put a hand on my shoulder and scanned his eyes across the kids.

"As you guys already know, Amelia Peterson will be joining our team." He started. "I expect you to treat her the same as you would with anyone else on your team, alright? No funny business."

I rolled my eyes and flipped back onto Luis who had a mischievous smirk on his face. Chatters of annoyed agreement mumbled from the group as they all pushed past me. They purposely bumped into me but I just stood my ground. I wasn't gonna let them shove me around like a baby.

"See you out on the ice." Luis kept that stupid smirk on his face.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Get out of my face." I waved a hand at him.

"Oh, one more thing." He quickly stopped me. "Thanks for the like on my new Instagram post this morning. Helps me out a lot."

I was so confused. I don't remember liking the post. He chuckled and patted my shoulder. I slapped his hand lightly and watched him walk out.

"Get ready and meet us out on the ice," Bombay ordered.

"Yes, sir..." I mumbled, still confused as hell.

That's when I quickly grabbed my phone and opened it. Right as I did, Luis's post came up and I had liked it. I gasped and quickly unliked it. I must've done that when I "swiped" out of my phone. Oh, my god.

author:
hellooooo. this is getting juicy lol. I have a question for y'all. What Mighty Ducks movie did you like the best? D1, D2, or D3? I liked D2 because Mike is SOOOO HOT OMG. anyways, stay gold lovelies💕
☁︎︎𝙾𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚊☁︎︎

{2/8/21}