TᗯᗴᑎTY-Tᕼᖇᗴᗴ

𝕁𝕒𝕟𝕦𝕒𝕣𝕪 𝟚𝟘, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟚☃︎

I skated back onto the ice and Bombay handed me my hockey stick. I hummed in confusion and he darted his eyes to the goal.

"Show me what you got."

"What?" I sighed. "Coach, you know I can play."

"Yeah, but your hand could still affect it. Go on." He shooed me away.

I sighed but obeyed. I felt everyone's eyes on me which made me more nervous. Was Luis watching me? A shaky breath escaped my lips as I winded the stick-up. I smacked the puck towards the goal but missed completely. A stinging pain shot through my arm and I whimpered lightly.

"You okay?" Bombay asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I nodded. "Can I try again?"

He nodded and I slid another puck over to me. I nervously winded it up again but missed once more. The pain in my hand grew bigger, causing me to drop my stick.

"Damn it..." I mumbled.

"What's wrong?" Bombay asked.

"Nothing." I shook my head. "I-I'll be right back."

I quickly skated off the rink and held my tears back. I thought my hand was healed. Luis's eyes glued onto me but I ignored his stare. As I was walking, I bumped into someone.

"Watch it, fatass!" This boy with blonde hair growled.

"S-sorry..." I mumbled quietly.

"Damn, Noah was right about you." He scoffed. "You should hit the gym."

I swallowed. This wasn't helping my self-esteem. If my hand wasn't hurting so bad, I would crane kick this bitch.

"Please let me past-"

He cut me off. "Don't even bother. You can't even fit through the door."

"Dude shut the fuck up." Luis scoffed. "Leave her alone."

"Oh, hello, Mendoza." The kid scoffed back. "Have you come to protect your girlfriend?"

Luis clenched his jaw. "Leave her the fuck alone."

The kid laughed. "I can't believe you're trying to help this cow. You must be an idiot for dating her."

"I said leave her alone!" Luis shouted. "She's not a fucking cow!"

"Yes, she is!" The kid shot back.

Luis grunted. "She isn't!"

"Why don't you go back to the farm with all of your friends, fattie?" The kid smirked at me.

I felt tears about to pour out of my eyes. I quickly ran to the locker room and heard the kid scoff.

"That's right! Runaway, crybaby!"

"Ugh, shut the fuck up, Zach!" Luis shouted.

I burst into tears right as I entered the locker room and heard Luis run in behind me.

"Lia." He sighed. "He didn't mean that."

"Just leave me alone, please," I begged.

He shook his head. "No, I'm not gonna leave you alone."

"I don't want you around someone like me!" I cried out.

"What?..." He mumbled. "What do you mean?"

I wiped the never-ending stream of tears from my cheeks. "You don't deserve to date someone like me."

I saw his face drop. "Lia...that's not true at all."

My bottom lip quivered. "Don't lie to me."

"I'm not lying!" He whimpered. "I'm so lucky to be dating you! If I didn't like you, I wouldn't be dating you in the first place."

I sighed but didn't say anything. "Zach is a stupid piece of shit who finds joy in making other people miserable," Luis explained.

"But, he's right Luis..." A small whimper left my mouth. "I am a cow."

His eyes widened. "Don't fucking say that. Don't let his words get into your head."

I whimpered and started walking away from him. He grabbed my hand and stared at me.

"Don't say that." He shook his head. "You're beautiful and you know that."

I shook my head. "If I knew that, I would feel better about myself."

He gasped for words but he looked too hurt to say anything. "Babe..." That was all he could get out.

"Luis..." I swallowed nervously. "If you don't wanna date me, just tell me."

"Babe...no." He whimpered. "I wanna date you. I wanna stay with you so badly, you don't understand."

I choked on my words. "Please, don't lie to me."

"I'm not lying!" He desperately sighed.

"Luis..." I quivered.

"No, Lia, stop." He put his hands on my arms. "You're overthinking this."

"I'm not..."

"Yes, you are. You're letting his words get to you when you know damn well they aren't true."

I blinked my tears away and bit my lower lip without saying anything. "You're beautiful and I would never lie about that." He added.

I looked up at him and he looked like he did mean it. "But-" I tried to say.

"No, no, no." He cut me off. "Stop."

I snapped my mouth shut and waited for him to speak again. "I love you." He sighed in satisfaction.

My eyes brightened up as I looked up at him. "Really?"

He nodded. "Of course."

A smile grew on my face and I swung my arms around his neck. He hugged me back tightly and I felt okay again.

"I love you so much..." He muffed into my neck.

"I love you more." I smiled.

author:
Y'ALL- DEADASS I WAS ABOUT TO MAKE THEM BREAK UP BUT I DIDN'T LOL. sorry, this one is boring but it's fine. stay gold, lovelies💕
☁︎︎𝙾𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚊☁︎︎

{2/ 17/21}