TᕼIᖇTY

𝕄𝕒𝕣𝕔𝕙 𝟙𝟜, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟚♧︎

Charlie and I laughed loudly about whatever. I didn't even know what we were laughing about anymore. We had gotten close, but just as friends of course. Luis was annoyed that I was friends with him, but he can go cry about it, I don't care.

"Okay, so," Charlie caught his breath. "You think Izzy and Jack are a thing?"

"Yes!" I laughed. "They totally like each other!"

He laughed back. "Seriously?"

I nodded. "One-hundred percent they do."

"Hm," He hummed. "What did you say his last name was?"

"Smalls."

He bit his lower lip to think. "Ah, I knew I recognized that name."

"Same but I don't know where I've heard it."

"Remember those kids who used to play baseball? And one of them pickled that big dog or whatever?"

"Oh, yeah," I nodded. "It was that 'Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez' kid or something."

Charlie nodded. "Yeah, him. I'm pretty sure Jack is Scotty's little brother."

"That would make sense," I nodded again. "He looks a lot like him."

"Mhm, and Benny looks a lot like Luis..." He stated.

I thought about it before nodding my head. "Oh, yeah, he does."

"Odd. They must be like long-lost brothers or something." Charlie chuckled.

I laughed and nodded. "That would be funny. Aren't they all in college now or whatever?"

He nodded. "Mhm."

"Nice..." I mumbled. "Geez, I am so excited for summer."

"I know." Charlie agreed. "I am as well."

We continued talking about whatever and my phone started ringing. I picked it up and saw it was from Luis.

I sighed. "Sorry, one second."

"No problem," Charlie reassured.

I answered and put the phone up to my ear. "Hey."

"Hey, whatcha doin'?" He asked.

"Hanging out with Charlie."

I heard him mumble something but I couldn't understand it. "Oh, okay."

"Did you need something?"

"No, I just wanted to know where you were..." His voice sounded sad now.

"Babe, are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I could tell he was lying. "You guys have fun."

"Wait-" I tried to talk to him, but he hung up before I could say anything else.

I sighed and dropped the phone. Charlie looked guilty. "Um, is it about me?"

I shook my head. "No, he's just being overprotective, it's not your fault at all."

He just stared down at his lap and picked at his fingers. The silence between us was so loud, yet, so quiet.

"Um..." I mumbled trying to break up the silence. "Have you ever dated someone before?"

Why the fuck would you ask that? Dumbass.

He looked up at me and shook his head. "Nope, I don't think any girls are interested in me."