chapter 28

DEMI'S POV
2:45 in the morning
"Mommy! Mom." Jordan screams.
"Demi wake up. Jordan is freaking out. I tried to wake her up, but she won't." Maddie says shaking me.
"Please, PLEASE!" Jordan screams, as I walk into her room. I see her face turning red. She is holding her breath.
"Jordan, Momma's here. Breathe. Baby breathe." Her face is turning more red, "JORDAN WAKE UP AND BREATHE!" I scream. I don't want to shake her awake, that only makes things worse. I start rubbing her head, "Breathe baby, come on." I whisper.
"Should I get Nick?" Maddie asks me nearly in tears.
I nod. I hear her turn and run to my room, "Come on Jordan breathe. Wake up. Momma's here." She gasps for air. "Good girl. Come on open your eyes, for Momma."
"Demi? What's going on." Nick asks panicked.
"Bad dream. I can't get her to wake up."
"What should I do?" He asks. I glance at him and shrug.
"Ow. Mommy. Ow, Sam please, please stop." Jordan begs.
"Jordan, come on wake up. Daddy's here. Come on beauty. Sam's not here, he wont hurt you anymore. Come on. Open your eyes." Nick tells her, standing next to the bed.
He tries to grab her hand, but as soon as he does, Jordan's eyes open and she she begins thrashing and throwing punches, "I said no! Get the fuck off me! Get off! Go away. GO AWAY!" She screams. She only makes contact with Nick's arm. He grabs her arms pinning them beside her, and she begins to kick.
"Jordan wake up." He says sternly.
She blinks a few times, her eyes trail the ceiling, "What's happening? What what what ar-are you guys doing in-in here? Daddy? Why are you holding me down? Daddy, stop my tummy hurts. Momma make hi- him st-st-stop. Let go of me Daddy. Please." She sobs.
Nick let's her go and takes a step back. She sits up, looking from Nick, to me and then landing on Maddie, "Madd-ie, I'm sorry, did I hurt you? I'm so sorry. Are are you you ok?"
"You didn't hurt me. Are you okay?"
"Ye-no my stomach hurts."
"It's okay baby. It's all okay. Baby it's fine, you're okay. Come here." She latches herself into my open arms. She sobs into me, "Let's go to bed."
"Momma, don't leave me."
"I won't. Maddie you can sleep in the guest room."
"No, Maddie you can stay. Sleep with us."
Jordan lays back down. I lie next to her, she lays her head on my chest and Maddie does the same to Jordan. I comb through Maddie's hair, "Night my beauties. I love you all." Nick says.
"I love you too." Jordan and I say at the same time.
When the lights are switched off, Maddie whispers, "You too." Barely audible to any one.
Jordan snuggles in to me, "You want to talk about it?" I ask.
"No. I just want to sleep." I wait until I hear her soft snores.
"Maddie?" I whisper
"hm?"
"You know we love you right?"
"Okay." She mumbles.
"I mean it. I know you had to break up with that guy, but everything is going to be alright."
"I'm tired, night." I fall asleep and wake a few times to Jordan mumbling. I had to wake her up twice because she was crying.
I wake up at six and slide out of Jordan's bed and into my bed with Nick. "Demi, it's too early." He mumbles.
"I know babe, just hold me." I mumble curling into him, as he wraps his arms around me.
"You okay?" he asks.
"I'm a little freaked out she was holding her breathe for so long she was starting to turn blue. Tomorrow's going to be a long day."
"Baby, one day at a time."
"I know." I whisper, and fall asleep in his arms.
~~FOUR HOURS LATER. ~~
"Hey babe, I just took Jordan to the Studio. Her teacher said she would make sure she ate." Nick tells me sofly.
"Ugh, okay what time is it?"
"10:30, you should spend some time with Maddie. I'll be in the music room if you need me. She is taking a shower."
"Okay, I love you."
"I love you too."
I get out of bed and shower. I go into the kitchen and start some coffee. Maddie comes down her hair still wet, and starts going through the fridge.
"What are you looking for?"
"Fruit and coffee." she says blankly.
"We have apple, pears, bananas, kiwi, and cantaloupe. you want me to cut some up?"
"Yeah, just a little though."
It's now or never, "Maddie you've gotten really thin. Are you eating right?" I ask.
"Kinda, I'm not really hungry right now."
"What do you mean kinda?"
"Sometimes I'm just not hungry. Sometimes I forget to eat. I just eat when I think about it, like I don't even get hungry or have the urge. I eat when I want I guess."
"Okay but I'm going to make you eat."

****