Chapter 2

Author's Note
Alright, my lovely fans... I'm back! I'm sorry I went through writers block that I just got out of there. Please bare with me, I will be editing and combining chapters. I will not post my newest chapters until I am done editing. Thank you for sticking with me through this. Also, please, please, please, if you have any pointers or advice to make my writing better and the story better. please message me, comment and like. Once again thank you.

JORDAN'S POV

**dream/flashback**
"This is what cousins do." He whispered.
"No, Sam it hurts. Please don't."
"Shut up you little bitch." His hands were ripping my pants and I was screaming and biting and scratching. "Stop."
"Sam please don't so this."
**end of dream/flashback**

Hands are touching me. Not just the crawling skin but in reality. I start swinging. When my fist makes contact with a cheek, then I open my eyes. "Fuck." Nick booms.
"Nick, are you okay?" Demi asks standing near the door looking at me and back at him.
"Oh, my god I'm so sorry," I mumble.
"Damn, kid you gotta good punch," he chuckles.
"I'm so sorry," I whisper.
"Don't worry about it." He smirks.
"Nick, go ice your face. I need to talk to Jordan."
Nick stalks out of the room mumbling, "I'm never gonna wake that kid up again."
"What's your story?" She asks.
"I don't have one. Even if I did I wouldn't tell you." I snap.
"You do... but I'm not gonna make you tell me. What's your name?"
"River Jordana Mendez."
"Where are your parents."
"Dead. They died when I was four, in an accident."
"Oh, I'm sorry. Do you live with family?"
"I lived with my Aunt and cousin Sam till I was ten. Then I ran away. I got arrested and went into foster care."
"What did you get arrested for?"
"The first time shoplifting."
"There was more than one time?"
"Yeah, five times."
"Where are your foster parents?"
"I don't know. I was living with my ex-boyfriend, for a year or so, but that didn't work out."
"Do... I mean will you stay here with Nick and I, while your leg and wrist heal?"
"No. Don't need your pity. Thanks for letting me stay here, but I'll be on my way now. Thanks for everything, really."
"I hit you with my car please, just for a week. If you want to leave you can if you want to stay you can. It's up to you just one week please."
"Fine."
"Alright let's go get you some food."

Demi's POV
I make half a dozen eggs, French toast, waffles, and toast, and she eats it all. The way she eats is extremely triggering. she just shoves fork full after fork full. "Damn kid, hungry much!" Nick chuckles. I turn and stare at Nick.
"Um... Where's your bathroom?" She mumbles.
"Down the hall two doors on the left."
She stands and limps her way to the bathroom. "I love you, babe," Nick whispers pulling me into his chest.
"I love you too. Tomorrow I have a couple interviews, then I'll be at the studio, so I'll have her with me, but if she gets tired or something I'll have you come get her. If that's okay." He nods. I can hear water splashing and gagging, "No,no,no." I whisper shaking my head.
"What?"
I walk to the bathroom and knock on the door, "No, go away. I'll be out in a minute." she groans. I step back and wait. After five minutes, she opens the door and her face is pale, and cheeks stained with tears, and her eyes are red. "Um, I really don't feel well."
"You can lay down if you would like. You want some water or something?" She just turned and walks back into the guest room.

Author's Note

Alright, my lovely fans... I'm back! I'm sorry I went through writers block that I just got out of there. Please bare with me, I will be editing and combining chapters. I will not post my newest chapters until I am done editing. Thank you for sticking with me through this. Also, please, please, please, if you have any pointers or advice to make my writing better and the story better. please message me, comment and like. Once again thank you.