Chapter 10

JORDAN'S POV

"No." Demi says as she slides down next me beaked the toilet. I begin to cry , I cry because I'm embarrassed, my idol and caregiver has caught me doing unthinkable.
"Shhh. It's okay, Nick and I can help you. We can get through this. Talk to me please."
She gonna hate you, you hate whore!
"Please take me home." I whisper.
"Let's go."
We go to the table and Demi whispers into Nick's ear turning his face white.
Now he knows you're a sick freak, everyone hates you.
We drive home in silence. When we get home I go to my room and lay down allowing my demons to chant me to sleep.
Fat orphaned bitch.
She loves now you idiot, you're gonna have to go back in to foster care.
No one loves you.
Stupid.
Fuck up!
~~~~~~~~dream~~~~~~~~~~
"One, two, three."
Sam growled and his friend howled in laughter. "Stop fucking counting! Just shut up."
"Sam, please stop. You're hurting me."
Sam begins punching me in the stomach. "Shut up now!"
"Okay." I yelp.
Then he shoves himself into me. I start screaming in pain, "MOMMY! HELP ME!"
***********dream*************
DEMI'S POV
12:41 am
I  jolt awake to screaming. "MOMMY!" I run into Jordan's room and she's screaming and sobbing.
I crawl into her bed pulling her into me. "It's okay, Jordan, mommy's here. Jordan wake up. Come on, baby."
"Mommy?" She whispers blinks balling up her fists in my shirt.
"Yes, baby?"
"Don't let them hurt me, please."
"Never again."
"Promise?"
"Promise."
I rub her back till she stops crying. When she begin to snore, I unwrap her arms from my waist and stand beside the bed.
"Mommy? Please don't leave." She whines.
"Okay, baby, I need to get my phone, I'll be right back."
"But, I- I, please, no do-don't leave."
"Baby, I have to get my phone. Do you want me to turn on the light."
"O-okay." She whispers.
"I'll be back in two minutes." I say switching on the light and go to my room.
"Demi? Babe is that you?"
"Yeah, I'm gonna sleep in Jordan's room. She called me Mommy."
"Awe. Okay goodnight, I love you."
"I love you too."I walk back into Jordan's room. Shes sitting up rocking with her knees at her chest. "Jordan?" I whisper.
Her eyes are glazed over. I sit down next to her and pull her into a hug. She gasps and buries her head in my chest whispering, "Dem- mommy?"
"Yes."
"Can I go to my treehouse please?"
"Baby it's one in the morning."
"Please, I can't do this. Please?"
"Okay, I'm coming with you, though."
She stand up and I realize she's only in her underwear and a tank. Her legs are covered in scars and her arms have even more. I'll talk to her about it later. She pulls on a jacket and sweats.
I text Nick, telling him we'd be back in the morning.
"Can I park in the drive way?"
"Yes." I park and she lead me around to the gate door in the backyard. She opens it flicking on a switch lighting up a path. "This way." She whispers taking my hand dragging me along. She pulls me up the spiral stairs. We stop at the door. She pulls out her necklace with a key unlocking the door. "Can you please take your shoes off." I nod.
She pushes the door open to a huge beautiful house. She goes across the room and presses a button. The roof opens. She takes off her jacket and sweats and crawls under the covers of the bed. "Demi, let's go to bed."
"Okay." I say crawling in next to her.
"I love you Mommy and Daddy. Good night." She whispers to the sky.
She quickly falls asleep. I stay awake. "What am I gonna do?" I whisper to myself. I go to my calendar and look at my schedule for tomorrow. All I have is an interview. Shit. That means Sam is going to me there. He should be arrested. I had to go to sleep.
****The next morning in the car.****
My phone vibrates. "Hey Jordan can you read that to me?"
"Yeah."

JORDAN'S POV
"One sec." No, she gonna find out how stupid I am. It's all mashed together.
Natalie- Uoy souhld be ta eth ostid yb 11.
" Jordan, are you okay?"
"Sorry, it's just none of this makes since. All the letters are mixed up." I know it's my eyes, but maybe it really messed up.
"Let me see," I handed her the phone. "It's from Natalie. It says: you should be at the studio by 11. What did you see?"
"All I could read was 11. Sorry, I'm so stupid. I'm dyslexic. Sometimes the letters get all mixed up and I can't make out the words."
"Oh, that's okay... We can get you a tutor. They can help you with that stuff."
"No, that's okay. I'm not good at school stuff.  I don't want start my ADHD meds again."
"We can find a tutor that won't make you take ADHD meds, and knows how to teach you. So that way by the time school rolls round you'll be a pro."
"Okay."
"Jordan, this probably isn't the right time but Sam will be arrested for whatever he did to you. You have to go to the police and tell them everything."
"No, I can't."
"Nick and I will be with you every step of the way."
"No, please don't make me."
"Alright. I have to be at the studio in 2 hours. Do you wanna come with me?"
"Um, no thanks. Can I actually go to the dance studio?"
"Yeah, Nick can take you."
"Okay."
"Jordan, you called me Mommy."
Oh no now she's mad. "Sorry, that won't happen again."
"No, you can call me whatever you want."
"Whatever I want?"
"Maybe... What are you thinking?"
"N. D. E. Near Death Experience. Oh or, Killer of the night."
She burst out laughing, "Whatever! You didn't even pass out."
"N.D.E. I saw my life flash before my eyes. I was heading for the light, but then I realized that I could live with a fucked up leg and wrist."
"You almost went into the light! Oh my god you are so funny."
"Yeah I almost died." I laugh as we walked into the house. The smell of pancakes punches me in the face.
Shit.