Chapter 7

DEMI'S POV
"Demi, turn your alarm off." Nick whines. I turn it off and go downstairs and start a pot of coffee. The house is so quiet, it's actually kinda creepy. I go check on Jordan in her room and the bed is made. I knock on the bathroom door, "Jordan? Are your in there?" Nothing. I turn around, maybe she's in the theater, but just as I walk past the desk I notice the note.
I'll be in be back in the morning. <3 Jordan.
Well, it's morning, this says, she'd be back in the morning, which means she left at night. What time did she leave? Is she hurt? She's not emotionally stable and her ankle isn't even fully healed yet. Where is she? I'm so worried. Oh lord is this what motherhood feels like. "Where's the kid?" Nicks asks, making me jump. He chuckles.
"I don't know, she left a note saying, she'd be back in the morning."
"Oh, well she'll be back, so don't worry."
"Don't worry? She freaked out yesterday scaring the shit out of us. Then disappears into the night. Where the fuck is my phone."
"She's fine. Remember she lived on her own for two years. She said she would be back in the morning. Just calm down, she's fine."
"I'm calling her." I dial her number and it rings seven times with no answer. I do it again and the same thing, and again, and again. My blood is boiling by the seventeenth call.
I dial one last time, ring--ring, "hello?" She whispers groggy.
"JORDAN! WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?"
"Umm."
"Don't fucking lie to me," I scream into the phone. I can feel my face turning red.
"I'm at my treehouse."
"I said don't lie." I whisper trying to breathe properly.
"I'm not!" She squeals and breathing heavily, "I'm not. I promise."
"Okay, I'm coming to get you. How do I get there?"
"I-I can't tell you."
"What?"
"I can't tell you exactly where it is. I'm sorry, it's complicated. Do you know where 7771 Eastwood lane is?"
"Yeah, I'll be there on in ten. You better be there waiting. "
"Okay. I'm sorry. Plea-"
I hang up the phone before she can say anything else. How dare she first runaway, and then not tell me where is, I'm beyond pissed. "Nicholas! Let's go!"
"What? Where? We're still in our pajamas. I haven't even had any coffee yet. Can I at least get some clothes on?"
"No! Get a fucking shirt on and let's go! NOW!" Did I mention I am pissed?
"Damn, okay." He whispers.
We get in the car and follow the GPS to a beautiful massive house. I honk three times. We wait about five minutes, then Jordan comes jogging around the back of the house. She wearing black skinny jeans, a giant blue hoodie, black combat boots, her hair is in a messy bun with her bangs hiding her left eye. I love her style. Wait, I'm supposed to be upset and frustrated with her and where'd she get those clothes? She wasn't wearing that yesterday. "Sorry for making you wait." She whispers as she climbs in.
"This is not a treehouse." I snap.
"I know, I'm-"
"Save it! I told you not to lie to me. What did you do? You lied to me. There aren't even trees big enough on this street to hold a tree house."
"I didn't lie." She whispers.
"Yes, you did! You said you were at your treehouse and you're at this house! Who's house is this?" She is silent. I turn and face her, " I said, 'WHO'S FUCKING HOUSE IS THIS?'"
"My mom and dad's."
"You said they were dead."
"They are fucking dead! I was at my fucking treehouse, in the woods. It's all I have left of them. STOP FUCKING YELLING AT ME! YOU DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT ME, OR WHAT I HAVE BEEN THROUGH. I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ARE SO ANGRY, I LEFT A NOTE AND SAID I WAS SORRY! I DIDNT EVEN TO ANYTHING WRONG!" She screams. Then she opens the door and runs to the back of the house disappearing. Well shit, I guess this is what it is like to have a fight with your daughter. I feel like shit.
NICK'S POV
"Nice job." I whisper. I know that Demi is pissed but yelling at her.
"Shut up." Demi snaps.
I open the door and step out of the car, "Stay here." I walk through the backyard. Behind the yard are woods. I open the gate door and stand there thinking, 'There could be a tree house back here.' I look down and find poles on both sides of me lined with lights. I follow them to a huge tree house. I walk up the stairs and knock on the door. "What?" Jordan snaps.
"Um, can I come in."
"No. Wait at the bottom of the stairs."
"Okay." I stand at the bottom and wait. She opens the door. "That's a kickass treehouse. Who built it?"
"My daddy."
We start walking back, "Nick?"
"Yeah?"
"Why is Demi mad at me?"
"She was worried."
"I didn't mean to scare her. I just need to come to my home. This is my place. I lived there for a year and a half. It's all I have."
"I understand that. Just next time let us know."
"I did. I left a note."
"I mean in person. Don't leave the house at night by yourself. If you wanna come here, just ask me and I'll give you a ride."
"Okay. I'm not used to having people who care. Usually I can come and go as I please and no one would notice."
"Well we will. So don't do it again."
"Okay. Nick?"
"Yeah?"
"Can we go get my stuff from Jay's. Then will you practice softball with me so I can play Saturday? My aunt is going to be there and I have to play."
"Of coarse."
We stop outside of the car and she hugged me before getting in. I couldn't help but smile. "Demi I'm sorry for leaving and not telling you. I'm not used to having people notice or care. It won't happen again. Please forgive me. I'm really grateful for everything. I'm sorry for shouting at you an. I will try and be more respectful."
"It's alright. I'm sorry for overreacting. Please next time just let us know and please be safe. I love you."

Author's note
Hey guys I know that the point of view changes are a little irritating but I think when I combine them they keep the story going.
😘~Sydney