Chapter 50

Tuesday August 14th
Jordan's pov
5:30 am. My phone chimes waking me up. It's Mom:
Hey, baby girl, just left for the day. Cassie will be by to get Coral at ten. Mars will be over by 10:30. Call if you need anything. There's waffles in the freezer and please make sure everyone eats yogurt or fruit. Love you. See you tonight.
I text back:
K. Love you.
I go back to sleep and wake at 9 to shouting. "Meadow! That's expensive."
"It's just make up!"
"Expensive! Make. Up. You brat. You didn't even ask! I'm telling mom." I go to Maddie's room.
"What the hell!" I scream.
"The little bitch used my makeup!" Maddie yells glaring at Meadow.
"Don't call me that!" Meadow screams pushing Maddie.
"Don't fucking touch me." Maddie screams pushing Meadow to the ground. "I told you to ask before you used my shit. You can't fucking listen?"
Meadow runs out of the room. "Maddie?"
"No, go away."
I go back to my room and throw on some sweatpants. "They always fight like that?"
"No, usually just bickering. I'm making breakfast and your mom will be here soon." She follows me to the kitchen, I pop a couple waffles in the toaster. I pull out the fruit salad and yogurt.
"You think waffles stick to the ceiling?"
Coral asks.
I laugh,"I don't know, maybe."
"Can we try it?"
"Sure."
They pop up and we both take one. She counts to three and we toss it up. "They do!" She laughs.
I laugh too. "Let's do it again." I pop two more in the toaster.
Just as they leave our hands Marisa walks in. "What are you two doing?"
We hear them stick.
"Ugh, nothing."
Just then one drops on the guy holding Marisa's hand. Coral and I burst out laughing. "What the hell?" Marisa asks looking up at the ceiling. "You two are crazy." We keep laughing till the doorbell rings. Mars goes and gets the door. Right as Cassie walks in one drops on her head. We burst out laughing again.
"Let me guess... Coral wanted to know if they would stick to ceiling?"
I nod, and Coral yells, "no!"
"Coral as some weird obsession with things at sticking to ceilings." The other two fall on the ground. We start laughing again. "Okay we've got to go, Coral... I'll drop you off at home and pick up Corrbin for dance."
"You should sign up for ballet." I say to Coral.
"Can I mom?"
Cassie looks at me than Coral, "yeah, I'll sign you up."
Coral leaves and I get into the shower. I get out and yell for Dallas. "What's up?"
"What are we doing today?"
"Movie, mall, lunch, then the park."
"Okay, before we go to the park can we come home so I can change and get Shadow."
"Yeah. River, can I ask you something?" I nod as go into my closet.  "Tonight, like later, can you text me you and the girls thoughts on Bryan?"
"Yeah, can I tell you something?"
"Anything."
"I like him, I think that he loves you. You know if that waffle dropped on Dad, he would have died. But he laughed, he looked at me like my uncle Jeremy does. I haven't even had a conversation with him and I love him."
"Thank you. He's wanted to meet you but I've been scared of what your reaction would be."
"Well, now you know."
"Okay, you have twenty minutes to get ready."
"Thirty?"
"Fine."
She leaves. I put on my pink dress. I turn on my curling iron and music. "Goddamnit! Meadow where is my necklace that says forever and my gold stud earrings? " I listen to them scream back and forth. I continue to do my make up and hair. I pack my purse and then go down to the kitchen. "Hey Bryan, I'm River. Sorry about those two. It's really nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you."
"It's nice to meet you, I'm used to girls fighting, I have three sisters."
"Really, they fight like this? Cuz this is all new to me."
"Yeah, one of them will end up crying."
I chuckle, "the other will slam the door right?"
"Yep."
"This is bull! She's a thief!" Maddie screams then slams the door.
"Meadow stop crying." Marissa yells.
"But I just wanted to borrow it." Meadow sobs.
"I better go get Meadow ready. Welcome to the family."
He laughs. I run upstairs to Meadow's room. "Hey, get off your bed. Go wash your face. I'll get your outfit out." She huffs and goes to the bathroom and Marisa thanks me then goes to Maddie's room.
"I'll be ready in five minutes! God!" Maddie whines.
I get Meadow dressed and hair done. We all pile into Mars car. I sit in between Meadow and Maddie. Maddie types furiously the entire to the mall. She pushes send before opening the door. We go into the mall. Mom calls while were in the line at Starbucks. "Hey Momma."
"Hey, Sweet-girl. Put Meadow on the phone." She sounds irratated. I hand the phone to Meadow.
"Hi, Mommy." After a few minutes she hands the phone back to me with tears in her eyes.
"Hey, Mom, it's me."
"Hey, I need you to keep those two under control. Dad's gonna come pick you up at about 4:30. I'm gonna have you and Corrbin run through your set. Call Corrbin and tell him to be ready for Dad's gonna pick him up."
"Okay. Love you."
"Love you too. Oh, and if you can find a gift for Meadow."
"I will. Bye." I hang up and we walk through the mall. Maddie, Bryan and I split from Marisa and Meadow. Maddie and I go into the art store. We go half and half with these markers and pencils. I get her a sketch book too.
We go into the jewelry stored and we get Mom a necklace with our birthstones and an infinity sign with, our initials engraved into the back. We meet up at the theatre. We get our snacks and find our seats. I don't know how but I ended up holding Bryan's hand the entire movie. We file into the car, then we go to Panrea by the house for lunch.
"If y'all need to change hurry we need to be back by four." Marisa tells us. By the time we get home Meadow is asleep, and Maddie is half alseep."Okay nevermind about the park."
"I'm going to change and give Corrbin a call. Bryan you wanna play basketball?"
"Yeah."
I go up to my room and hide the presents. Then change. I call Corrbin."Hey." He says sleepily.
"Hey, did I wake you?"
"No.. yeah, what's up?"
"Dad and I are coming to get you at like 4;30 be ready. Mom wants us to practice."
"Okay, I'll be ready."
"Love you."
"You too."
I put on my tennis shoes and go down to the living room."Marisa-"
"Ready to get your butt kicked?"
"We'll talk later. Let's go."
I get the ball from the garage, and we check the ball. We keep playing till Dad rolls up on the drive way. He wins 48-36. "Man! Rematch!"
"Anytime. You're good. You playing for school?"
"I will be."
"River, go get your things and snacks. You've got five minutes. Make sure you grab your ballet and pointe shoes. Go."
I run to my room and shove a pair of shorts and my dance shoes into a bag. I then run into the kitchen and grab a box of cheese it's and fruit snacks. I meet Dad in the car with two minutes to spare. We drive to Corrbin's and honk, he runs out to the car with a cheeky smile. We get to the venue just as Fifth Harmony finishes their set. "Okay, River hop up there. We are gonna watch." Dad says. I nod nervously. I stand in front of microphone. Everyone sits in the forth row. The music starts for 'Don't' and I freeze.
"Stop!" Mom yells as she climb the stage. "River. What's wrong?"
"Can't do it." I whisper.
"Why?"
"There is gonna be so many people."
"They are gonna love you."
"I have an idea." Corrbin says getting on the stage.
"What?" Mom asks.
"Okay so for the first song, River and I can sing 'Lightweight,' then for 'Don't,' I can dance. Then she won't be alone on stage or get comfortable. "
"Okay, I need a microphone." Mom shouts. Someone brings one out. "Music for 'Lightweight.'" Mom sits back down. Corrbin grabs my hand as the music starts. I sing the first part and fall into the music. I finish my set. Then Corrbin and I dance to 'Better Together.' "Okay, River we are gonna run your set one more time. Two things: one open your eyes, two move, work the stage."
"Okay, then we can go home? I'm tired."
"Yeah." I run my set one more time. Then Dad takes Corrbin home and I ride home with Mom. I crawl into bed and instantly fall asleep.