Chapter 42

Saturday August 4 6:45 in the morning.
JORDAN'S POV
"Jordan wake up." Mom whispers.
"Ugh! But it's Saturday, why so early?" I mumble.
"Because Dad and I have a meeting, and I need to practice for the concert."
I sit up and yawn. Opening my eyes to Meadow still sleeping. "How come she's still sleeping?"
"Because she's easy to wake up. Took me twenty minutes to get you up."
"Can't we just stay home?"
"No. No one is here to watch you."
"Mom I'm almost fifteen I can watch myself and Meadow."
"Maybe next time. Now please get in the shower."
"Okay, Mom?"
"Hhm?"
"I really am sorry."
"I know, I'm not mad at you. I love you."
"Love you too."
I leave my parents room, just as I hear Mom say, "Meadow, hey baby, wake up."
"Good morning, Mommy."
I walk  into my room and start the shower. While it warms up I pick out my outfit then in the shower. When I get out. Meadow's in my room in shorts, a tank top and hair wet. "You want me to do your hair?"
"Yes. Will you help me pick out an outfit too, I wanna twin with you."
"Okay, let me get dressed."
I've gotten dressed in front of her plenty of times. I turn and put on my underwear and bra then turn back to my bed. "Jordan? What are all those lines?"
"Uh, um..."
"Battle wounds." Mom says walking in the door.
"I don't get it?" She states so innocently. "What battle?"
"Baby, it's a battle that Jordan has with herself. You want know what those little lines mean?"
"What?" She asks as I continue to get dressed.
"That she's winning, if you ever see red ones, kiss them and make sure she knows you love her, then you get me or Dad. "
"Okay, Mommy."
"Breakfast is ready. Hurry and get dressed we need to leave soon."
I nod and so does Meadow. Mom follows Meadow and I out of my room. "Hey, Mom,  thank you.".
"Anytime sweetheart."
I go into Meadow's room and pick a black pair of leggings, her white converse and a crop top blue like mine but her'a says 'Daddy's Girl' on it. She gets dressed and sits on the floor. "Braid, into a bun?"
"Yes, can I do your hair?"
I hesitate, "y-yeah. sure."
I do her hair first. "Thank you! I love it! I love you!"
"I love you too."
"Your turn." I sit on the floor.
She brushes my hair and thinks, for about two minutes then Mom yells, "HURRY! FOODS GETTING COLD."
"OKAY! COMING!" Meadow and I yell at the same time. She take my banks and leaves them out, then braids my hair, and twists it into a bun, then brushes out my bangs. "Ow, you're brushing my face."
She giggles, "Sorry. All done."
I look in the mirror. "Wow, thanks, I love it."
"Your welcome, let's go eat."
We go down to the kitchen. I make my plate with a tiny bit of scrabbled eggs and a strip of bacon. Then I fill the rest of my plate full of fruit and get a cup of yogurt out of the fridge. Mom looks at my plate and shakes her head. "You're eating all of that and lunch, understand."
"Okay."
I eat with no problem. "Jordan, you need to get your school work, and grab some paper and colored pencils for Meadow. We will be in the car waiting, hurry." I do as I'm told. I meet them in the car. We drive. Then we pull into the courthouse.
"Why are we here?" I ask nervously.
"We need to pick some papers up. You two wait in the car."
Mom and Dad get out and come back in five minutes. We drive to the venue and walk in, it's huge. "Mom, can I call Corrbin and have him practice with me."
"Yeah. Only Corrbin, I'll let Max know he is coming and he will let him in."
"Okay thanks." Mom hands me my phone.
I listen to it ring twice, "Hello."
"Hey babe, can you come to the staple center, we can practice the dance."
"Okay, my mom will drop me off, I'll me there in an hour."
"Okay bye."
We enter a room with tables. "DEMI!" A group of girls yell. I cover my ears and bury my head into Dad. Meadow practically jumps into Dad's arms.
Dad pulls one of my hands away from my ear, "Hey. It's okay, it's just the Fifth Harmony girls." I uncover my ears, but still hide my face.
"Hey girls." Mom says they all hug her.
"Which one is your daughter?" One of them asks.
"Both."
"Omg." They all gasps. "Hi guys, I'm Dinah. What's your name. I'm sorry we scared you." I lift my head.
"I'm Meadow, and that's Jordan."
"Hi." All them say.
I wave, "Okay, we all have a meeting Jordan you're in charge. There's a speaker right over there, plug in your music. Jordan do your homework. Meadow, you can draw. We should be back in an hour. Max will bring Corrbin here, you can have anything in the fridge." I nod.
"Okay, mommy." Meadow says. I sit at a table and pull out my homework. Meadow sits next to me. I do math first. It takes about half an hour. "Jordan?"
"Yeah."
"Why do you do that?" Meadow asks.
"Do what?"
"Why do you get so scared of people?"
"Because I don't like change, I don't like people. They scare me, especially when they are loud. Why do you care?"
"I don't know just wondering, I guess."
"Meadow, you know I'm just like that. I have to finish my homework. Leave me alone."
"Fine." She gets up and goes to the corner. "You're mean and I don't like you." she whispers.
I fight back tears and do my reading and answer the questions. As I finish I think about what Meadow said. I start to cry, just as the door swings open and noise fills the room. I lay my head on the table and try to contain myself. I feel someone pull out the chair next to me. "Did you finish your homework?" Mom asks.
I lift my head and sniffle, "yes."
She lefts my head with two fingers so I'm looking at her, "what's wrong."
"Nothing. It's nothing." I tell her wiping my face.
"That's not what those tears tell me."
"I'm not a good sister." I mumble.
"No, never say that you're the best sister ever."
"Meadow doesn't think so."
"Yes she does."
"Hey Demi were going for a coffee run, you wanna come?" One of them fifth harmony girls says.
"Yeah sure. Jordan you wanna come?"
"No, I'm going to wait for Corrbin."
"Okay, Meadow come on."
Mom and the girls leave. "Hey, let's go to the stage and practice our song before they get back." Dad says.
"Okay."
We go to the stage, it's huge. "Hey Aaron start 'Avalanche'." Dad says handing me a microphone.
The music starts. It's loud, I flinch slightly, Dad and I sing.
"Wow, baby-girl you are amazing."
"Thanks, Daddy."
Then someone claps and yells, "That's my girlfriend!"
I giggle and jump off the stage and run to him. We kiss. "Hey!" Dad yells in the microphone. We jump apart.
"Awe!" A chorus screams.
I giggle again and blush. I grab Corrbins hand, "You still remember the dance right?"
"Yes." He says.
Mom and the girls walk up to us, "Hey, sorry for not saying anything earlier. I'm a little shy, as some might say. You know my name. This is my boyfriend Corrbin. Corrbin this Fifth Harmony."
"Oh I know, Camila, Dinah, Lauren, Normani and Ally." Corrbin says.
"Okay, well everyone knows each other, practice time."
"Okay. You guys gonna dance first to the cd version or to my live singing?"
"Live." I say.
Mom pulls me off to the side, "Hey Jordan I want you to do a dance with Meadow too." She whispers.
"AWESOME!" I sing. "Any songs in mind?"
"That's up to you two."
"Mommy? When are you gonna sing?" Meadow asks.
"Right now baby the band is done setting up."
Mom gets up on stage. She begins with 'Really Don't Care.' Meadow jumps up and down.
Corrbin and I sit on the floor and snuggle. He combs his fingers through my hair. "How was court?"
"Bad. I passed out. Then had to stay awake for forty eight hours because of the stupid concussion and I got in trouble."
"I'm so sorry."
"Yeah, it's okay you're here now."
"Hey, what song are you too dancing to?"
"'In Case'." I shout.
"Well, let's see this dance."
We get up on the stage. She starts singing and Corrbin and I start sitting apart from eachother. I start by standing and do a back hand spring to him, pulling him up. We dance after each other. Eventually we end up holding each other.
"Yeah! That's my sister! DINAH! Did you see my sister."
"Yeah, I did, she's amazing. DEMI SHE AND CORRBIN ARE GOING TO DANCE TO 'BETTER TOGETHER' FOR US."
I scream. "CORRBIN WE ARE DANCING FOR FIFTH HARMONY!"
He hug. We get off the stage. Meadow runs to me. "Jordan! I wanna dance to Jessie J."
"Mom can we do a song by Jessie J?"
"Yeah. Which one?"
"The one you did at competition."
"'Who's laughing now'!"
Mom laughs, "Yeah, I'll call on lunch break."
"Okay." Mom finishes her dances and songs. Then Fifth Harmony takes the stage. They sing 'reflection'. Then Dinah yells, "HEY JORDAN, CORRBIN IMPROVE TO 'BETTER TOGETHER'."
They start singing:
[Lauren:]
When we were together
We were just strangers
I was just playing around
So I didn't wanna work it out
No, I didn't wanna work it out
[Normani:]
Thought something was missing
Were we too different
Baby I'm a-looking back now
And I really should've worked it out
Yeah, I really should've worked it out
[Dinah:]
Because now that you're gone and I sleep alone
I can't help it, I want you back 'cause I...
[All:]
Boy I miss you, said I really do, boy I miss you
Now I understand that we're better together
Boy I miss you, said I really really do, boy I miss you
Now I understand that we're better together
We're better, we're better, we're better, we're better, we're better,
You know we're better together
We're better, we're better, we're better, we're better, we're better,
You know we're better together
[Camila:]
I'm watching you with her, thinking I had you
How was I ever so dumb?
Boy I should've known that you're the one
So, if it's not too late,
I just wanna know babe
[Normani:]
And tell me if we could still run
'Cause I finally know that you're the one
Yeah, I really know that you're the one
[Ally:]
Because now that you're gone and I sleep alone
I can't help it, I want you back 'cause I...
[All:]
Boy I miss you, said I really do, boy I miss you
Now I understand that we're better together
Boy I miss you, said I really really do, boy I miss you
Now I understand that we're better together
We're better, we're better, we're better, we're better, we're better,
You know we're better together
We're better, we're better, we're better, we're better, we're better,
You know we're better together
[Camila:]
And now that you're gone and I sleep alone
I can't help it, I want you back 'cause I
[All:]
We're better, we're better, we're better, we're better, we're better,
You know we're better together
We're better, we're better, we're better, we're better, we're better,
You know we're better together
Boy I miss you, said I really do, boy I miss you
Now I understand that we're better together
Boy I miss you, said I really really do, boy I miss you
Now I understand that we're better together
We're better, we're better, we're better, we're better, we're better,
You know we're better together
We're better, we're better, we're better, we're better, we're better,
You know we're better together