chapter 24

Author note
Sorry guys I suck, here is the first chapter for today. I'm working on another one, hopefully I'll have two or the more up later.
-Sydney 😘👌
Sunday afternoon.
DEMI'S POV
When we get into the car I text Nick.
(D-Demi and N-Nick)
D: Hey babe, can you meet us at the mall?
N: Yeah, sure. What are you going there for?
D: to get Jordan some clothes for court
N: Okay. Are you okay? Why do you want me to come?
D: I want you to come with us because there is going to be a lot of people and you make me feel safe... And I don't want to deal with a fit all alone when we get lunch. Plus I miss you and I love you.
I send the text and while I head over to my Mom's house. My phone begins to ring. "Hello."
"Demi, are you on your way?
"Yeah, be there in ten minutes." I tell Maddie.
"Who's that?" Jordan asks switching the radio station.
I ignore her and listen to Maddie, "Mom's mad because I've been dating this guy who is older than me. He smokes and my friend Sammy told her on accident and she's freaking out. She wants me to break up with him. It's not fair."
"Okay well, I'm on my way. We are gonna talk this out."
"Okay. Bye."
I hang up and Jordan is staring at me waiting for me to tell her what's going on."Maddie is spending the night."
"Cool," Jordan says blankly. We pull into the drive way and Jordan runs in front of me to the front door and begins knocking. Mom opens the door quickly and her expression softens when she sees Jordan. She gives me a quick glare while hugging Jordan. I get closer and follow Mom into the kitchen, while Jordan screams hello to Dallas.
"So Maddie called me and wants to come spend the night at mine."
"Did she tell you why?" Mom asks pissed.
"Yeah, Mom just think Wilmer was older than me." I try to reason.
"No, this guy is 20 and she is 13. You were older, more mature, and smarter. He drinks and smokes pot. I know that she has been sneaking out, coming home with red eyes."
"Mom calm down, you remember how horrible I was at her age? Yes, he is older, and I'll talk to her and keep her tonight. How about we meet up tomorrow and work this out." Mom nods and I go downstairs and hear Jordan talking to Dallas.
"Did you know Demi and Nick are gonna adopt me?" Jordan asks her.
Dallas responds, "Yeah, do you like them?"
"Actually, yeah. I finally have a Mom and a Dad. They even made me my own dance studio, and well, they've kinda grounded me too."
"Why?"
"I was rude to the stupid therapist lady , so I got my phone taken away. Then I got into a argument with Dad this morning, so I got grounded from my phone for five weeks, and the dance room for another week."
"Why were you rude to your therapist?"
"Because I don't want her to be in my business. I mean I have a Mom and Dad now, so why do I need her? But I don't understand why they think I need one, I mean I can talk to them. Like I have to go to court because of Sam and I'm scared. I have to get a dress or something nice to wear, But that's okay I don't mind shopping that much. Hey! We are going to the mall, you wanna come?"
"Uh, yeah, I have to be somewhere at eight tonight but I'll hang with you for a lil."
I hurry up the stairs to Maddie's room. I am outside of her door, just as I grab the door knob, I hear her talking.
"No, Babe. I'm going to my sister's."
"No, no. I do. I want to see you, but I can't sneak out like I can at my parents. My sister is a queen at this game so if I sneak out she will know and I'll be in even more trouble."
"I love you." she stops and waits, "you're not going to say you love me back?"
"Oh, so you only love me back when I'm out with you being stupid."
"You know what whatever bye."
I listen to her sniff. I knock on the door and open it just as she wipes her face. "Hey, you ready? We need to go to the mall to get Jordan some clothes." I tell her.
"Yeah, let's go." She mumbles grabbing her bag. When we get down stairs Jordan is talking to Mom.
"You ready? Dad is gonna to meet us at the mall."
"Okay let's go." Jordan says latching her hand to Dallas', sending a little bit of jealousy through my veins.