CH: 38 Operation Telephone

Sprinter was raiding the embassy kitchen for food for the survivors, The embassy staff evacuation left the place in a mess. Filing Cabinets were empty, classified papers were jammed in paper shredders hoping to dissolve the nation secrets. Sprinter had no doubt that the US Embassy was conducting Intelligence ops on I-island, every country was.  The kitchen was stuffed with food and canned goods.  He found a rucksack from the Marine embassy barracks and filled it up with all sorts of goodies.  He helped himself to a protein bar while at it. He packed all the water and food he could and held as much as he could in his hands as he went back to Deku and the Kids.   Deku was covering the dead bodies with curtains and whatever he could find. It was the least he could do.  When this war is over, a lot of families will come to recover their dead. Deku hoped the act of covering the dead will be appreciated by those who find them.  When he finished his task he went back to the kids sleeping on a leather couch.   They were exhausted sleeping rocks, Deku thought of himself and his fellow augs when they were kids, always exhausted after training, crashing on their bunks every night.  He sat across from them and checked his rifle. It was a standard military issue M4 with an Acog scope. Thankfully the scopes weren't electronic meaning the EMP didn't ruin them. Deku cleared the weapon, took the bolt assembly out and began cleaning the rifle with oil and a rag. 

Sprinter-"Here"

He threw a can of peaches at Deku, Deku pulled out his knife and began opening the can for the kids.

Deku-"I think we should move our camp here, food, weapons, not the mention the bots already cleared the place, they probably won't come back."

Sprinter-"Won't be a bad idea. besides, we won't make back to the rendezvous in time with all the bags and the tired kids."

Deku-"It's decided then, I'll stay with the kids and keep an eye out for survivors, you go bring our boys here" 

Sprinter-" Copy"

Sprinter pulled out a map of I-island. sprawling it out in front of Deku.

Sprinter-" If I find any survivors, I'll send them to this restaurant a few blocks from here, you can check it every few hours to escort survivors back here, we need to make sure survivors don't lead hostiles back to the embassy"

Deku nodded In approval as he readied his rifle and watched the room entrance. Sprinter added fresh mags and first aid to his plate carrier as he stepped off outside. Deku looked out through the window, thinking if the others were ok.

-200kms away at the Coalition fleet.-

The fleet was busing with activity. Specialist units from around the world were conducting joint training exercises. I-island was the hope of nations putting aside their differences for the betterment of humanity, everyone wanted to do their part to take it back from the enemy. Class 1-A and 1-B we conducting quirk training on top of one of the Oil tankers with the fleet. It wasn't practical, but the open deck allowed quirks to be used freely. Ochako was working out her quirk by moving heavy shipping containers up and down. At the end of her rep, she bent down breathing trying not to get sick from her quirk use. The other students were also busy pushing their quirks to the limit. Then a loud roared boomed. The students looked in awe as 20  cruise missiles were launched from multiple ships. The missiles screamed as they began to skirt the water heading towards the direction of the I-island at incredible speed. She hoped Deku and Sprinter would be okay. She decided to take a break and call her parents. The call was pretty normal, she lied to her parents about being in Japan, she didn't he parents to worry. Ochako had a feeling in her stomach, that maybe this event will be written in the history books for years to come. She said her goodbyes and hung up. She drank some water and began a new workout, planning on pushing herself above and beyond. She had too, for Deku's sake. 

Beneath the Deck,  Hades and Nezu were discussing the plan to send aid to the Aug team. 

Nezu-"Will Deku know to grab the kit from the missiles?"

Hades-"Deku knows what the special missiles look like, missiles with the marker beginning 00, means its a dud with kit inside. Now its a matter of the survivors seeing and reaching the missiles, I sent them to target embassies, police stations and stores. Hopefully, the aug survivors will see it, while hunting for supplies. Hopefully at least a few will reach their target ".

-I-island

The kids slowly stirred from their sleep and Deku offered them cans of fruit with a spoon. Eat up you two. The kids eagerly ate the sweet fruit from the can. Deku could tell the kids haven't eaten since the EMP. 

Boy-"Where did the other one go?"

Deku-"He went to bring the rest of the survivors here, we are going to stay here until help arrives."

Deku looked at him, eyes showing a grim truth. Deku-"It's dangerous out there, not many people will survive the next couple of day. Im going to take care of you, I promise".

As Deku looked out as the sunset he thought he heard something, like a whistle. Was it the breeze, no it wasn't windy outside? The whistling began getting louder turning more into a roar. Slowly  Deku's eyes widen as he recognized the sound, he's heard it before, and his instincts screamed at him to hit the deck. He grabbed the kids pushed them to the floor and crouched over them to protect them.

ROARRRRR BOOM!

Windows banged and rattles as the reinforced glass windows of the embassy shattered violently. Like an earthquake that lasted a second, the kids screamed in fear holding each other.  Deku held the kids for another few seconds until everything was quiet. Deku checked the kids for any injury.

Deku-"You good!?"

The kids slowly nodded their heads still shaken from the impact. Before the kids could ask what happened. Deku got up and peered through the open window. Across the street, a giant white tube with fins stuck out of the brick wall of an office lobby.  Deku noticed a small black marking on the side of the tube. "00"     Deku face lit up, with the look of hope.