CH: 22 The briefing

Deku groaned at the table in his room, he couldn't find anything about weaponized robots from I-island on the web, the project didn't even exist according to the listings on the i-island expo website. He decided to head to the common room to grab a snack, he opened the door only to be tackled to the ground by Ochako, Ochako-"Heey Deku!" Deku looked at her with a sincere look. Deku-"Hey, what's up?" Ochako got off of Deku, a smiling. Guess who is going to I-island?" Deku-"You?" Ochako-"all of us, All might got all of our tickets to go to I-island and attend the party their!" Deku-"That's great to hear, I actually wanted to go there myself" Ochako-"Im gonna pack see ya Deku!" Deku waved his girlfriend goodbye and went to go talk to All might at his office now hearing about the trip. Deku arrived outside the office a laptop in hand of the briefing he wanted to give. he knocked, All might-"Come in!" Deku walked in only to see Nezu, All might, and Eraserhead sitting at a table. All might-The quirkless hero, how nice of you to join, would you like some tea?" Deku-"No thank you, sir, I was wondering if I can show you a brief on a case I am working on?" All might-"sure my boy" Deku the hooked up the laptop to the projector and was a slideshow. 

Deku-"Exactly one week ago 2 robots attacked a bank in the middle of the city, they tried to rob it but were destroyed by me and Kamui woods. Upon further inspection, the text I-island was visible on the motherboards of both machines. Upon further inspection of the bank, the bank's alarm system was shut down using a jammer from I-island too. The serial numbers were filed out so I couldn't track them. Nezu-"perhaps a project was stolen from I-island" Deku-"That's the thing, sir, I checked the project listings on the website, 2000 projects involving automation, zero involving weaponized robots." Nezu-"So something fishy is being made in I-island". Deku-"Yes sir" Eraserhead-"What's your experience with robots" Deku-"Part of being an afterlife  agent meant dealing with rouge groups with high tech weapons, a group called the IMC specialized with  producing and selling automated weapons to China, U.S, and Iseral, IMC tried to sell to terror groups but  was wiped out by afterlife raided their headquarters. The united nations ban on automated weapons basically killed the whole market but." 

Eraserhead-"But what? Deku-"Those bots were too advanced for anything the IMC could do and I've seen the IMC's work first hand, whoever these guys are, they are making IMC's products look like cassette players." All might-"What has been done already?" Deku-"Kamui woods sent an investigative team, only to come up empty, whatever is going on, no one on the island could explain about the illegal tech." All might-"So you're hoping to investigate yourself while on the trip?" Deku-"Yes sir" All might then gave a serious look at Midioriya All might-"Young Midiorya why do you want to become a hero?" Deku looked down thought for a few seconds and answered Deku-"Because all my life I've been fighting. The only difference between agents and heroes is that agents work behind the scenes without flashy costumes. Drug lords, corrupt politicians, terrorism, militant factions, rogue nations, and even villians were a priority to us. When I fought those bots that day in public, and against those villians at USJ, the feeling was the same as it was 2 years ago when I with Afterlife. So to answer your question, its because its what I was trained to do." All might-"Good answer kid, you have my permission to carry out this operation, I have a connection with a friend named David Sheild, im sure he will help" Eraserhead-"Get some of your classmates involved in this too, it will be a good experience, but remember no fighting or getting in trouble" Deku-"yes sir" 

Deku headed back to the dorms and picked his team, Momo, Lida, Shouto, and Ochako. He gathered them all and briefed them on the task at hand. Shouto-"Why did you pick me and Lida? we are only good for fighting and Sensei told us not to fight." Deku-"Because if we do get into a fight I want a flamethrower and speedster on my side. And you're the only people I trust to keep this a secret". Momo-"What's the end goal of this mission?" Deku-"Collect evidence of illegal operations on I-island and report it to All might" Everyone understood the mission and left the room Ochako and Deku were the only ones left. Ochako-"So, hero work and a party, awesome!" Deku smiled back Deku-"Is this party formal, cause if so I need to buy some clothes".