CH:11 Awake

Explosions, that's all Deku heard. It was a battle against an enemy militia in Africa that was threating the world with nuclear weapons, Afterlife was sent in, Deku remembered every detail, he was attached to the surgical element responsible for disarming the nukes heading for Japan. Gunfire and quirks being used in the battle, fires and burning bodies everywhere. Deku then remembered a sight he never forgot, a mother holding her dead child in her arms, civilians were caught in the crossfire, all Deku remembered was running towards the missile silo in hand was the computer with the virus needed to stop the nukes, then boom, his world was upside down and next thing he knew he was staring at the starry night sky his right side arm burned to a crisp, he thought he would die, he laid their waiting for his fate, then he saw something through his damaged heads up display.

An Aug was looking down at him, Deku unable to chock a word then turned to look at the computer hoping the Aug will understand. The Aug did, she picked up the computer and charged on to the silo, like a runner passing a baton. 10 mins later the comms chatter blew up "THEIR DISARMED, THE NUKES ARE DISARMED, THEY UPLOADED THE VIRUS, CLEAR THE AREA, airstrike coming in". Deku was dragged to safety by a random Afterlife agent, Deku looking for any sign of the other AUG watched in sorrow as the same building the AUG ran into was covered in Napalm. She never had enough time to escape. There were no survivors.  

Deku JOLTED out of bed sweating profusely and shaking, "It's just a dream, why am I getting these dreams now?" he asked himself. He turned around to see where he was, he was in some sort of medical facility kinda like a nurses office. Deku began searching for his gear, he found it in a basket next to him washed and cleaned and repaired for the most part, but his weapons were gone. His mask, however, was in pieces from the fight. He suited up minus the mask and stealthy exit the office into a huge white hallway. He tried to make contact with command. His comms were full of static, wherever he was, his communications were being jammed by something, he instead activated the autopilot on his bike, it would be a while before it got to U.A. Deku continued to sneak around until he heard a P.A system. "A non U.A patient has escaped from the nurses' office, it is a boy with a pale complexion, black military style outfit and green hair, he is dangerous, proceed with caution when capturing him". "Uh-oh" Was the only thing he could say, he ran down the stairs and came to a screeching halt as he saw both Pro heroes Present Mic and Midnight walking down the hall. Deku turned around and bolted up the stair, now being chased by pro heroes. Present Mic-"STOP KID, WAIT A MINUTE". Deku then reached the top floor and took a right turn into an open classroom and locked the door behind him. Deku was taking some deep breaths and turned around only to lose nearly faint, in front of him was the entire class of 1-B. Itsuka-"STOP RIGHT THERE" as she tried to grab Deku with her big hands Deku dodged her attempt and jumped through the class window breaking the glass, Deku did a front roll to take in the impact of the landing he got up. Only to realize he was in a training yard being used by none other then class A. He saw a fence and ran for it, suddenly he was wrapped by a strong scarf. He turned around only to be staring with Eraserhead. Eraser-"Glad to see your awake". Deku knew that years of combat experience wouldn't help him now. Deku was taken to be what appeared to be an interrogation room. Eraser walks in holding a bowl of noodles and sits down on the other side of the table. Eraser-"You've been out for 3 days now, you must be hungry. He slides the bowl over to Deku. Deku was pretty hungry but he pushed the bowl back to Eraser, Deku-"No thank you". Eraser-"Alright i'll cut to the chase, who are you?" Deku-"That's classified". Eraser-"Who do you work for?" Deku-"classified". Eraser-"How long have you been doing this?" Deku-"Class..." Eraser cuts him off Eraser-"classified huh?". Deku then looks at him in the eye Deku-"Don't take this the wrong way, it's just the way I was trained". Deku then looked at the single view mirror as he was staring at the people behind it. Nezu, and the other teachers were eyeing the boy carefully. Before Eraser could say anything recovery girl bashed into the room, Recovery-"YOU YOUNG MAN SHOULDN'T be running around with those injuries of yours, I still need to do a checkup". Recovery pinches Deku by the ear and at her mercy, Deku walks back in the nurse's office only to have the teachers snicker behind him. Deku was then placed on the bed and asked to take off his shirt, which he did. The teachers were shocked of all the scars the boy had, 5 years of combat is painful, and the scars and burns proved it. Recovery-"How long have you been doing this, and don't give me that classified crap" Deku not wanting to get pinched again simply replied Deku-"5 years". Recovery-"You've been fighting villians since you were 10?". Deku-"yea". Nezu then spoke up Nezu-"Who is your family?". Deku frowned Deku-"I don't know of any". The teachers were confused, is he telling the truth? Then Deku's watch began to beep, it was his comms Frost was trying to contact him. Deku eyeing the teachers took the call.

Deku: This is Deku

Frost: ARE YOU KIDDING ME, 3 DAYS OF NOTHING AND NOW YOU TALK, YOU BETTER HAVE A FUCKING GOOD REASON.

Deku: Grapevine

(Grapevine is the code word when an outside entity is able to hear the conversations, used to make sure no sensitive information is disclosed)

Frost: Oh, are you mobile

Deku: Negative Im stuck and surrounded by pros

Frost: Well, in that case, might as well tell them  who you are

Deku: Your joking

Frost: No, our mission still stands, the teachers should know about this, ill get command to send you a pardon from the prime minister, just answer whatever they ask now.

Deku: Copy that 

"PRIME MINISTER" was the only thing the heroes could say. Deku-"I have permission, I'll answer all questions truthfully now". Eraser-"Your name?" Deku-"We were given callsigns at a young age mine is Deku". Eraser-"Why" Deku-"No idea, it was the first thing that just came to me". Eraser-"what are you". Deku-"Im an agent of the AFTERLIFE DIVISION". Eraser-"What do you do?" Deku-"Afterlife is a secret branch of the government dedicated to protecting others and deterring both domestic and international threats to peace and stability". Eraser-"How long have you been in Afterlife?" Deku-"As long as I remember". the questions kept on coming for an hour until Eraser got up for a stretch, Eraser-"So you don't remember anything before Afterlife?". Deku-"Our memories were erased, I don't remember anything from my civilian life".Nezu-"What is your mission". Deku-"To monitor and protect class 1-A against attacks from the league of villians". Deku then went on to explain how the hero courses across Japan had agents protecting them, the teachers then understood the fact that there is an agent looking over class 1-B. Then Frost walked into the room with Sprinter and a government official. He gave Nezu a file Official-"This is a classified government matter, our agents will still uphold their mission of watching over your students until they become pro heroes, you can not argue this as this comes from the minister himself. Sprinter the looks at his friend "Just had to get caught huh" he said with a small simile, Deku gave a small simile back. Nezu saw the footage of Deku's battle he was definiftly hero material, a tactician and agile marksmen. Nezu-"How about we make them students". Eraser spat out his coffee Eraser-"Your joking". The other heroes had a vote and decided to take the AUGs as new students. The government official agreed with the plan and turned to face Deku and Sprinter. "As of this moment, you are now students of U.A. you will complete 4 years and return back to Afterlife". Nezu-"Just a small detail to change, all of your agents who are below the age of 18 will be released and into schools of their choosing, if the other agents are anything like Deku, the other schools will gladly accept them. if you do not comply I'll whistleblow your whole organization, I will not allow kids to be soldiers". Official-"Let me make a phone call" The official made a call to the higher ups of Afterlife and explained the situation, they all agreed that the agents were trained to combat evil, in so the kids would be good heroes, both the quirked and quirkless ones. Official-"The minister has agreed to the deal". And with that, he left the office, Deku and Sprinter looked at each other "What just happened?".