Chapter 57

Thunder...

Lightning...

The pitter patter of rain...

A deep forest...

And the sound of an old woman's scream...

That's all that is heard as a younger Kaiyo was looking down on someone. His eyes were cold and his stance was domineering.

Turning away from the person he was looking down on, the White Wolf began walking away, now listening to a sudden scream of agony emitting from the elderly woman mentioned before.

"I hate you!"

"I'll kill you!"

"Rot in hell, Kaiyo!!"

...

"Ah!" shooting up from his previous position, Kaiyo took hasty breaths as he looked around himself, only to see that he was in his and Azula's tent.

As sweat cascaded down his face, the Fang of the South heaved a deep sigh before looking to his right, only to see that Azula wasn't there.

He wiped the sweat off of his brows and face before looking down at his hands in slight disgust, 'Why would I dream of you now...of all times...'

Deciding to pay it no heed, Kaiyo decided to get himself ready before exiting the tent and looking for the kids along with Azula and Zuko.

After walking for a bit, he eventually found Zuko, Aang and Azula training in one of the courtyards of the temple.

"Firebending in it of itself is not something to fear," Zuko was currently explaining as Azula stood next to him.

The raven haired girl had her arms folded as she listened attentively to Zuko's words of wisdom....whilst Aang was busy shooting subtle glares at her.

The monk eventually sighed and scratched his neck as he eventually gave in to the girl's presence, "Okay...it's not something to fear..."

"....But if you don't respect it...." Zuko continued, "It'll chew you up and spit you out like an angered komodo-rhino!"

"Ah!" Aang jerked in fright at the sudden change in Zuko's volume and demeanor.

Kaiyo, whom was watching from afar, cringed as he watched...and was about to step in...if not for what he saw next.

Azula held Zuko's shoulder and sighed, "Zuzu...you're scaring the kid."

"Huh?" Zuko was somehow confused, "But this we all learned Firebending! Father always..." he looked down.

Azula had a thoughtful face now, "That man might've trained us to be like this, but..." she now looked to the Avatar, "that doesn't mean that we have to instill that into Aang. He can't go through that...not if he wants to bring balance to the world."

Zuko sighed and held the bridge of his nose, "I guess you're right..." Aang was playing with a random pebble, "Show us what you've got then, Aang."

Kaiyo smiled at the scene, the twins were trying at least. Azula looked away from them for a sec and her eyes instantly connected with Kaiyo, she shared his soft expression.

He nodded to her and went about the rest of his morning routine which would include his cup of tea and breakfast whilst Azula went back to teaching Aang about Firebending.

"Any amount of Fire you can make will be fine, Aang," Azula gently said and smiled at him.

Aang flinched, 'S-She's surprisingly patient...' he cleared his throat and hopped off of the boulder he was sitting on, "Yeah...sure. I can do that."