Chapter 37

As another day graced itself over the Earth Kingdom of Ba-Sing-Se, Team Avatar is seen in their home somewhere in the Upper Ring of the great city.

Kaiyo was currently going over a final draft of his notes as he had narrowed down his search.

Sokka suddenly came and took some of his paper, the white haired teen raised a brow, "Uh...Sokka?"

"Yeah, Kaiyo?" Sokka asked as he had giant wad of papers in his hands, "What's up?"

"What're you doing, genius?" Kaiyo asked as Toph came and sat behind him whilst leaning her back against his to rest.

"Making fliers of Appa!" Sokka stated as he spreaded the papers across the floor and working on his drawings with 'extreme' precision.

"Right..." Kaiyo raised a brow before sighing, "And what about you, Runt?"

Toph simply shrugged as she placed her hand behind her head and still leaned on Kaiyo's back, "Just relaxing, duh!"

Kaiyo shook his head, "Why do I even bother..."

Katara and Aang suddenly bursted through the door and ran up to Kaiyo's table that he was working at.

"Kaiyo, we finally found someone to print out the posters!" Katara exclaimed as she got out one of them and showed it to him.

"Yeah, thanks for lending us money!" Aang also said as he peered over Kaiyo's shoulder at the maps of Ba-Sing-Se's upper, middle and lower rings.

Kaiyo hummed as he inspected the leaflets, "Hm, not bad."

"Hey, I thought designing the lost Appa and Oka posters was my job!" Sokka shouted from his spot on the floor next to Kaiyo's table, "I've been working all morning on my Appa!"

He showed the Team a poorly sketched drawing of the supposed Sky-Bison. Katara snorted as Aang rubbed his head.

"Sokka, the arrow is on Appa's head!" Aang pointed out as Katara and Kaiyo were trying to hold in their laughs.

"This is his head!" Sokka pointed out.

Kaiyo simply shook his head as he began putting away his papers and journal into his satchel that he had.

"Why are these feet coming out of it?" Katara asked as she took the drawing that Sokka was showing her.

"Those are his horns!" Sokka defended as he snatched the paper back, "I haven't seen him in a while, okay?!"

"It looks just like him to me!" Toph stated as she was still leaning against Kaiyo's back with her eyes closed.

"Thank you, I worked really--" Sokka finally realised, "Why do you feel the need to do that?"

Kaiyo chuckled as he gathering his things and got up to place on his coat. Toph fell.

"Hey!" the blind girl complained and Kaiyo ruffled her hair.

"We can rest later," Kaiyo pulled his hood over his head, "For now I want you all to start putting up those posters while I do some more digging."

"Got it!"

"Sure!"

"No problem, Kaiyo!"

"Eh."

Sokka, Katara, Aang and Toph all answered as they were all leaving their homes. Kaiyo's eyes quickly tracked a group of Dai-Li hiding out on the rooftops of a few houses.

He paid them no heed as he turned back to the kids, "Alright, I'm off, okay?"

"Yeah, be careful Kaiyo," Aang said as he unmounted the flaps of his staff to fly.