Chapter 6

Ever since they left the Southern Air Temple, Aang has been his usual cheery self which didn't go unnoticed by Katara, Sokka and Kaiyo. It was great, the only thing that did go over Katara's head however, was how much Aang was fighting to get her attention.

Sokka chose to ignore it whilst Kaiyo was.... well.... the same basically. He currently had on a straw hat as the sun was predominantly bright and was resting with his head supported by the edge of Appa's saddle.

Oka was currently resting his head on Kaiyo's lap as well with Momo occasionally dropping in on Kaiyo's shoulder.

With the breeze and smell of the ocean, nothing could be better.... well Aang's constant attempts at Katara's attention and Sokka's comments could've been muted, but.... can't have have everything you want.

Eventually landing on a beach, Kaiyo recognized the island and wondered if Aang would. He seemed to recognize it..... at least so Kaiyo thought since it is the island one of his predecessors founded.

"We took a pitstop just yesterday, shouldn't we get a bit more flying in?" Sokka tried to reason.

"He's right, at this rate we won't get to the North Pole until Spring," Katara tried as well.

"But Appa's tired, aren't ya buddy?" Aang covertly winked at the bison. He sort of yawned, "Aren't ya, buddy?"

He yawned slightly more believably this time.

Aang then saw a giant fish to which he started stripping into his underwear telling Katara and Sokka that he was here to surf them.

The two Water Tribe natives looked to Kaiyo for some sort of advice or something. The teen in question however, was already leaned up against a tree with his straw hat still covering his face whilst his legs and arms were crossed as he relaxed against said tree.

"Let the kid have his fun guys," he waved and closed his eyes, welcoming the wind and sun as he got comfortable some more.

"See! Kaiyo agrees with me... Hey Katara," he ran into the water, "You've got to see me ride these!"

Kaiyo listened as Katara and Momo cheered for him whereas Sokka watched. It wasn't until Katara shouted at Appa that he just closed his eyes again.

Soon however, Kaiyo had his finger on some of his throwing knives attached to his belt. Listening carefully, he could sense the presence of other people on the beach with them.

Not saying anything, he waited for them to make their move. It wasn't until Sokka and Katara started warning Aang that Kaiyo noticed the ones laying in wait, was the Kyoshi Warriors.

"What was that?" Katara had asked as Aang had just crashed into Sokka on his retreat from a giant predator of some sort.

"I don't know, but let's not stick around to find out," Sokka dusted himself off, "Time to hit the road!"

Suddenly Sokka, Katara, Momo and Aang were captured. At this point Kaiyo simply stood up and dusted himself off as the warriors all surrounded him with their fans ready.

He looked around to see Appa and Oka growling at the women. The last of the Water Tribe teens simply raised his hands, "I surrender," he simply smirked. Looking to Appa and Oka, "It's okay guys, they won't hurt us."

He looked to the warriors just before one of them kicked behind his knee causing him to falter where he was then blindfolded.

"Or.....we could... stay a while," Sokka finished his initial statement.

....

"You four have some explaining to do," an old man's voice could be heard.

"And if you don't answer our questions, we'll throw you back in the water with the Unagi, whether you like it or not," a female's voice answered this time.