Chapter 26

Kaiyo and the kids were currently outside of a town somewhere in the Earth Kingdom. The kids were all seen making a list of things they needed...or in Kaiyo's perspective...things that they wanted.

The Fang of the South was currently inspecting the hat that Hue, a native from the swamp that they were trapped in, gifted to him as an apology for the whole 'trying to kill them' thing.

Kaiyo placed the hat on his head and tied the little string at the bottom under his chin. He looked to the kids, "Well, what do ya think?"

"Eh, looks pretty normal to me," Sokka waved off.

"It looks good," Katara gave a thumbs up.

"We're twins!" Aang cheered as he appeared in the straw hat that Hue gave him as well.

Kaiyo chuckled as he helped Aang tie the strap of his own hat. However, as he was, he suddenly saw an image of his mother tieing his scarf around his neck when he was younger.

"Kaiyo?" Aang's voice brought him back to reality, "Hey, you sorta spaced out there."

Kaiyo cleared his throat, "Yeah, right. Sorry," the teen smiled and patted Aang's shoulder.

"No problem," Aang said before handing Kaiyo the piece of paper of things he needed.

"Alright, let's go rugrats," Kaiyo called and Katara along with Sokka joined him and Aang, "Let's see your lists."

Sokka excitedly handed his over whilst Katara did it in a more civilized manner. Kaiyo raised a brow at the lists.

"Sokka, for the last time...I'm not buying you a Mink-Snake," Kaiyo deadpanned.

"C'mon Kaiyo!" Sokka groaned and dropped to his knees whilst hugging his waist, ",You and Aang get to have mascots, what about me?!"

Kaiyo sighed and shook his head as he continued to read through the lists.

Eventually finishing his reading, he rolled up the pieces of paper and decided that it was about time to be on their way.

....

"Hey, you think I'll be able to find my Earthbending teacher here, Kaiyo?" Aang asked as Kaiyo was browsing through some blue cloth to use for sewing his coat back together.

"I honestly don't know, Airhead," Kaiyo regarded him with a small smile, "But we can still try," the eldest of the two hailed over the clerk, "I'll take this one, please."

As they received the fabric as a neatly wrapped parcel, Kaiyo and Aang walked over to Sokka who was currently admiring a green bag.

"I mean it is...pricey, but...I do like it," Sokka spoke unreasonably loud, specifically for Kaiyo to hear.

Kaiyo rolled his eyes.

"I mean...I personally think I deserve something for all that I've been doing for the team," Sokka threw around again.

Kaiyo sighed whilst holding the bridge of his nose.

"But nah..Kaiyo wouldn't buy it for me," Sokka glanced in Kaiyo's direction dramatically, "It's too expensive!"

"Exactly," Kaiyo deadpanned and began walking away.

"Kaiyo PLEASE!" Sokka held on to Kaiyo's waist as the white haired teen began leaving the shop.

Kaiyo groaned, "Fine!"

"Yay!"

As Kaiyo was talking to the sales clerk and Sokka was trying on his new satchel, Katara and Aang stood out in the street looking around at all of the activity going on in the village.