Chapter 59

"...Tell me everything," Kaiyo eventually found his voice after what seemed like an eternity.

The kids at the Temple were currently all sitting in a circle around the scrolls that Katara and Kaiyo had laid out from before, even Aang, whom was happy for the distraction from training, was sitting on standby.

Katara currently held the scroll from before, her face in one of guilt and disgust, mostly of herself for ever deciding to keep the scroll that Hama had given her.

"This scroll," Katara began solemnly, "It was given to me back when you were still imprisoned in the capital of the Fire Nation..."

...

Aang, Toph, Sokka and Katara were currently all huddled around a fireplace somewhere in a Fire Nation forest, all of whom had glum faces as they stayed quiet, non of them saying a word.

"Hey guys," Toph suddenly spoke up as she caressed the straw hat she currently held on her lap, "I miss Rough-Road..."

Everyone's shoulders simply slumped further as they heard the blind girl's statement.

"Yeah, me too," Aang pulled his knees up to his chest and rested his chin on them, "Right about now he'd probably yelling at us to go to bed."

Sokka and Katara both smiled sadly as they looked into the fire in front of them.

"Yeah, I remember when he used tell us Ghost stories whenever we went camping back home..." Sokka reminisced.

Katara hummed, "And he'd always make us tea if we were good."

As they team continued sulking, Katara took a look around at her friends...no...family, and seeing them in so much hurt in times like these really placed something into perspective for her.

Even if they still laughed like usual and acted like nothing had happened...they were all still devastated by what took place.

Suddenly having an idea pop into her head however, the Water Tribe girl smiled, "Hey, how about we have our own little Ghost Story session?"

"Huh?" Sokka was confused, "What do you mean Katara...it's just not the same without Kaiyo."

"I know," Katara tried to remain optimistic, "But do you think he'd really want us to be sulking like this?"

"I mean, she's got a point, Sokka," Aang raised his head at the suggestion.

"Hey, I'm down for  whatever story you losers can come up with," Toph simply shrugged.

Sokka was still giving it some thought before eventually sighing, "Well I guess I'm up first then."

"That's the spirit!" Katara cheered before settling down so Sokka could have maximum effect over the element of scariness his story may most definitely need.

....

"Suddenly they heard something from down the hallway in the dark," Sokka recounted, "Ouuuuu," he tried to give his story personalilty, "It came into the torchlight...and they knew...the BLADE OF GRINDEWALD WAS HAUNTED! OUU-AHHH!! " Sokka immediately drew his sword and hopped onto his feet to scare the kids...whom all seemed unimpressed.

"I think I liked The Man with a Sword for a Hand better," Aang commented as he lounged about the fireplace with a bored Toph and an annoyed Katara.