Chapter 20

As another day passed in the Northern Water Tribe. Sokka is seen walking with Princess Yue as they talked about Sokka's home.

"So, you're saying that there are no palaces in the Southern Tribe?" Yue asked as they were walking across a bridge.

"Are you kidding me?" Sokka replied as they stopped and sat down on the thick rails of the bridge, "I grew up in a block of ice, it's not exactly a cultural hub."

Yue giggled and place a hand on his shoulder.

Sokka grinned back at Yue, proud that he prompted a laugh out of her.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Sokka suddenly brought up and Yue gave him her attention.

"Of course," Yue answered.

"Why do you look up to The White Wolf so much?" Sokka finally asked the question that's been plaguing him for a while.

Yue released a sad breath, looking down at her hands that now held eachother on her lap, "Well... I guess it's because of how strong he was made out to be. Could you imagine? All of that power... And he's saved so many lives, some of my uncles, friends and acquaintances owe their lives to him. He made a difference...stood up for his lineage..."

Sokka hummed and looked at her before an idea suddenly popped into his head, "And what would you do if you ever met him?"

"Well, I'd probably have to thank the spirits to whomever made it possible," Yue giggled, "Why, don't tell me you know him?!"

Sokka rubbed the back of his head as he heard Yue giggle again. 'Oh...you have no idea...'

"Hey, you've never got to properly talk to Kaiyo yet, have you, Yue?" Sokka asked her and she looked at him questioningly.

"No, why--hey!" Yue suddenly felt Sokka grab one of her hands and drag her along with a smile on his face as they ran through the Northern Water Tribe.

"You've got to meet him then!" Sokka said as they maneuvered their way through the crowds of people.

"Sokka, hold up!" Yue laughed as she was finally able to pick up her pace as well.

......

Back at the stables, Kaiyo was just finished soaking and scrubbing off Appa. The Bison groaned in delight and shook off whatever water he still had on his fur.

Kaiyo laughed and blocked his face, "Appa! Watch it, man!" Momo also hid behind Kaiyo's head as he was holding onto the white haired lad.

Oka barked suddenly when he smelt Sokka and an unknown scent coming their way. The wolf quickly picked up Kaiyo's hat with his mouth and threw it to him before hiding in the hay to Appa's side.

Kaiyo raised a brow, "What's gotten into you, bud?"

"Kaiyo!" Sokka's voice is heard and the elder Water Tribe boy quickly placed on his hat.

"Sokka?" Kaiyo turned around and saw him with Princess Yue whom looked at the flying Bison in wonder once more, "Princess?"

"Oh, hello there," Yue went to bow, but was quickly persuaded otherwise by Kaiyo.

"No--No, there's no need for that," he chuckled at the girl's shy demeanor, "Please."

"Forgive me, it's just, Sokka and the gang have always talked so highly of you, I thought I should show some resp--"

"Nonsense, Princess," Kaiyo instead bowed, "So, what are you doing here if I may ask? Sokka told me that he'd be taking you for a stroll today."

"Uh, yeah--about that!" Sokka came and slung an arm around Kaiyo's shoulders, "Yue, why don't you come and pet Appa, he's super fluffy!"