Chapter 34

As Kaiyo stood amongst the bustling crowd of Ba-Sing-Se's Lower Ring. His mind seemed to be focused on one man, The Dragon of The West, Former General Iroh.

The elder of the two also seemed startled, but in a split second the two men both exchanged a brief nod before stepping in to part the fight between Zuko and Jet.

As they both stepped forward, they were soon stopped by two Dai-Li agents that also entered the fray.

"What's going on here?!" the agent asked as Jet and Zuko parted.

"Arrest them!" Jet exclaimed as he pointed his hook blades at Zuko and Iroh, "They're Firebenders!"

"This boy is confused," Iroh calmly interjected, "We're just simple refugees."

"This young man wrecked my tea shop and assaulted my employees," the manager of a tea establishment pointed at Jet.

"It's true sir," an Earthkingdom soldier replied, "We saw the whole thing. This crazy kid attacked the finest tea maker in the city."

Iroh blushed in embarrassment, "Oh, that's very sweet."

Kaiyo merely released an amused breath as he had his arms folded and shook his head. 'Always getting into trouble, huh, old man...'

"Come with us, son," one of the Dai-Li agents stepped in whilst his partner backed him up.

Jet tried to swing his sword, but the agent caught the blade with his Earth enhanced glove.

The agents both arrested Jet before escorting him off with the teen screaming.

"You don't understand, they're Fire Nation!" Jet was being dragged away, "You have to believe me!"

Kaiyo was about to follow them, but he hesitated and looked back to Iroh. He heaved a breath before watching as Jet was escorted away in a carriage.

....

After the tea shop was closed for the night Zuko and Iroh had made it back to their apartment in one piece.

The old man watched as Zuko was finished getting ready for bed and going to his room. "Goodnight, Uncle," Zuko bowed.

"Goodnight, nephew," Iroh bowed as well and smiled at Zuko whom closed his bedroom door to get some shut eye after their long day.

When he was sure Zuko was fast asleep, Iroh proceeded to walk over to their window and whistle.

"So...Ba-Sing-Se, huh?" Kaiyo's voice is heard to Iroh's left.

The old man jumped at his voice before chuckling and leaning on the window sill, "I was also surprised to see you here as well."

Kaiyo finally had a genuine smile on his face, "It's good to see you, old friend."

"And you, Young-Fang," Iroh and Kaiyo both bowed in respect for each other, "In actuality, I was quite surprised to also notice that Oka was not with you."

Kaiyo sighed sadly and looked down at the fleeting lights of lanterns in the night from late night wanderers.

"What's wrong?" Iroh asked as he placed a comforting hand on Kaiyo's shoulder.