Chapter 13

As Team Avatar were sleeping on one chilly night, Kaiyo was up looking at the moon. It was a beautiful night and the Water Tribe native couldn't help but gaze at the stars as time flew by.

He closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breath, that is until his faithful companion, Oka came and sat right next to him. The white haired boy released a breath of amusement and patted the wolf's fur.

"Beautiful night, huh, buddy," Kaiyo said and smiled when Oka moved his head to rest on the boy's lap.

Suddenly however, Kaiyo heard Aang twisting and turning. He looked back to see the Avatar startle himself awake.

Kaiyo immediately went over and rested his hand on Aang's shoulder, "Aang...you okay?"

Aang's breathing was ragged and his eyes suddenly darted to Kaiyo before embracing him tightly and sobbed, "I--I didn't mean to run away...honest..."

Kaiyo was confused, 'Run away? Is he talking about--'

"Hey, what's going on?" Sokka was now awake as well along with Katara whom immediately looked to Aang worriedly.

"Everything's alright," Kaiyo gave them a reassuring smile before looking back down to Aang, "Why don't you guys go back to sleep for now, okay?"

"Are you sure?" Katara asked, still very much worried about Aang.

"Yeah, Aang's not looking too good," Sokka sent a concerned look Aang's way.

"Yeah, everything's fine," Kaiyo patted Aang's trembling shoulders, "C'mon, we have a long journey tomorrow. Sokka...looks like you're going to be driving."

"Yeah, got it," Sokka reluctantly went to shortly followed by Katara whom needed it just as much.

Kaiyo decided to stay up and comfort Aang whom eventually fell asleep as well, not even daring to utter a single coherent word.

Eventually Oka came and curled up next to Kaiyo whom sat by Aang's side, he released a breath and scratched his head.

"Wonder what that was about," Kaiyo looked down at Aang curiously, 'You know...I always hated the Avatar because I thought whomever they were...abandoned us. Never in my dreams would I think that I'd be comforting them...'

Kaiyo eventually yawned and Oka followed right after. The white haired teen chuckled, "Alright buddy, time to get some shut eye."

....

The team were now packing up to go when Kaiyo observed, "Looks like we're out of food, we'll need to get to the closest town and gather some supplies."

"Yeah," Katara said and went to sit with Aang whom was looking at the clear skies, silently praying for the weather to remain clear.

Kaiyo sent Aang a worried glance, "Hey Air Head, you cool?"

Aang smiled sheepishly and chuckled, "Yeah, I'll be fine!"

Kaiyo, Katara and Sokka all exchanged worried glances whilst Aang simply smiled at the horizon.

"Well, let's get this show on the road then!" Sokka took the reigns and they were off.

After a good ways of flying, the team eventually encountered a small port town that had a nice little market stall.

Kaiyo began inspecting some of the fruits carefully and picked up the ones he thought would last longest.

Meanwhile, Katara seemed to be trying to bargain with the old lady whom owned the market stall.