Chapter 9

After saving Haru and the other prisoners, Aang along with the rest of the team were finally back on track.

At this point in time Kaiyo was currently resting on Appa's saddle with his hands behind his head and wore his hat which was tipped. Oka also took to laying his head on Kaiyo's lap watching as Aang flew through the sky.

Sokka and Katara were also making sure that Aang wouldn't hurt himself. "Turns out, clouds are made of water," the airbender said as he dried himself off in a split second.

"Hey, what is that?" Katara asked as she noticed a black area on the horizon before them capturing everyone's attention.

This prompted Kaiyo to peep through his hat also seeing the site Katara was talking about. "It's like a scar," Sokka added as they decided to land.

Everyone, inspected in their own way. Kaiyo had taken to going down on one knee and placed his hand on the dirt, effectively concluding who did it, 'Fire Na--'

"Fire Nation!" Sokka exclaimed, cutting off Kaiyo's mental process, "Those savages make me sick. They have no respect for--"

"Sh!" Katara shushed him and Sokka tried to defend himself until they all noticed Aang.

He dropped to his knees and sighed, "How could anyone do this, how could I left this happen?"he asked no one in particular.

"Aang, you didn't let this happen, " Katara approached him, "It has nothing to do with you--"

"Yes it does," he cut her off, "It's the Avatar's duty to protect nature, but I don't know how to do my job." He held his face, hopeless.

Katara then continued to try and help him look on a brighter side. They then got into a deeper discussion about Aang and his Avatar prowess.

"Listen kid," Kaiyo cut in capturing everyone's attention, "Being the Avatar means that you have to keep the balance, yes that is true.... but it doesn't mean that you'll always be able to save everyone and everything. At the end of the day, all you can ever do, is try."

Kaiyo walked up to Aang and helped him up, "So don't go giving up that easily to stress, okay?" Aang nodded with a small smile forming.

"Good!" Kaiyo smirked and patted his head causing Katara and Sokka to chuckle and Aang to laugh.

"Besides, look around you Aang," Katara came up to them, "Look around you, there are many little seeds around us... one day they'll grow into magnificent trees,"she finished bringing an even bigger smile to Aang's face.

If wasn't until an old man appeared, that the team became alert, "Who are you?" Sokka asked immediately ready to engage in battle.

"When I saw the flying Bison I couldn't believe it," the old man got out, "And your markings, are you the Avatar child?" Aang nodded prompting the man to continue, "My village needs your help!"

.....

Eventually as they got their Kaiyo and the others noticed the repairs being done to the village as if they were recovering from a battle.

They followed the old man to what seemed like the main building or shelter of the town, a muster point if you will.

The man then introduced Aang as the Avatar, immediately catching everyone's attention.

A man then approached them and engaged in small talk with Aang, commenting on needing help with something pertaining to a spirit attacking their village.

'Abai...' Kaiyo narrowed his eyes and looked down at Oka who seemed to perk up at the mention of the name.

The villagers then told the kids about the effects of the solstice on the human and spirit worlds which they paid particular attention to.