CHAPTER FOURTEEN

The two boys exit the auditorium, whipping their heads around frantically searching for their strawberry blonde friend who had gone missing only a few minutes ago

"She's not answering her texts." Stiles sighs as he flicks through his phone. "Hold on, I have like seven missed calls from Venus. She left a voicemail."

"Stiles, it's miss Blake!" the girls frantic voice blares through his speaker, startling both boys. "She's the one making the sacrifices, i'm on my way to the school. You have to stop her!"

     The phone beeps as the voicemail ends and the two boys look at each other in horror as they realize where Lydia must be and what was about to happen to her. And that's when they heard it. Her ear piercing scream as she begged for her life, instantly knowing where the girl was.

"That's Venus' car." Stiles points out as they make their way towards the main doors. He couldn't explain it, but as soon as a they pushed the doors open, an awful feeling of dread washes over him.

•••

     Venus leaned against the classroom wall, her hands bound together in front of her as she came to due to Lydias scream. She couldn't believe how she didn't figure it out sooner, Lydia was a banshee. It all made sense now, the strange feelings she got and why she was the one to always find the bodies.

     "You're just like me, Lydia."  miss Blake speaks, moving around the girl tied up in the chair.  "Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under it. The three of us could've done so much together." she looks over at Venus, noticing that she was awake now. "It's too bad, though and too late. You both know too much."

     Venus yells out to their english teacher, begging her to stop, the throbbing in her head increasing from where she was hit, a couple drops of blood falling onto her shirt. She couldn't hear anything but Lydias screams as Jennifer tied her wrists tightly around the chair, moving behind her and placing the garrote around her neck. 

     "One last philosopher." The older woman whispered, Venus screaming shortly after. It felt like a thousand needles being shoved down her throat as she felt the sacrifice happen. Falling over and gasping for air, catching the two females attention.

"This." the brunette chokes. "This is what your sacrifices do."

     "You can handle a few seconds of potential death Venus. Your turn will come after hers, don't you worry." the woman smiles sweetly, pulling a knife out from her pocket and moving to press it to Lydias throat. Thankfully, the woman was interrupted before she could go any further.

"Drop it!" Sheriff Stilinski yells, holding up his gun as he barges into the classroom. Venus cries out again, but this time not for herself as she watches the Darachs knife wedge itself into Stilinskis shoulder. The man groans in pain, dropping his gun and twisting himself around to look at the woman, grasping his shoulder.

     The brunettes eyes then turn to Scott as he rushes into the classroom, attempting to stop the woman. He gets no further than the rest of them however as she throws him backwards into the large row of desks. She watches as their english teacher pushes the desk against the door, preventing Stiles from reaching his dad and his friends.

     "There was a girl." Sheriff speaks, picking up his gun and pointing it at the woman. "Years ago, we found her in the woods, her face and body slashed apart. That was you, wasn't it?"

     "Maybe I should've started with philosophers, with knowledge and strategy." a gunshot rings through the room, making Venus flinch as the bullet buries itself in her teachers thigh. The Nymphs eyes widen in realization as the woman only steps closer to the man, he was about to be the next sacrifice.

     "Scott! You need to get up!" she screams, attempting to pull herself up but her restraints weren't letting her move much. "Scott she's gonna take him, wake up!"

     The boys eyes open a second too late as Stiles pushes his way into the classroom, his eyes roaming the room frantically as he realises both Jennifer and his dad were gone. He stands frozen for a few seconds before walking over to the restrained girls, quickly setting them free before he and Scott decided they needed to get to Dereks.

     "I'll get Lydia help, let me know when you find them." Venus instructs, letting her eyes linger on the human boy who looked slightly dazed. She reaches a comforting hand onto his shoulder. "Hey, we're gonna find him. I promise you, Stiles, I won't let anything happen to him."

"Don't make promises you can't keep, Vee."

    Venus helps Lydia up, seeing as the girl was too in shock from her near death experience, she leads her down the hallways where they wait for a while until she is quickly pulled away from her and taken to an ambulance that's on their way to another town since Beacon Memorial was evacuating.

TO STILES
they just took Lydia in an ambulance
where are you guys?

FROM STILES
on our way to the hospital

TO STILES
aren't they evacuating?

FROM STILES
yeah but we need to get Cora out
meet us there in 10

     The brunette does as told, quickly getting to her car and taking the fastest route to the hospital. She parks her car in front of the doors, rushing in and finding her friends speaking to one of the nurses who looked a lot like Scott. Her suspicions were quickly put to rest as she neared the group, her hair soaking from the rain as she joins their conversation.

    "Mom, just trust me on this, you need to get out of here." Scott speaks to the woman, worry evident in his voice. Venus found it interesting that his mom knew about what he was since he wasn't born a werewolf. "Venus, is Lydia okay?" all eyes turn to the girl as she gives a quiet yes in response.

     "The building is supposed to be clear in 30 minutes." the woman quickly explains, "We've got two ambulances that are coming back. One's 10 minutes out, the other's 20. Cora needs to be on one of those. They'll be picking up in the basement garage."

     The group quickly makes their way into the elevators, heading up to the floor Cora was supposedly on. What Venus didn't understand was why the whole hospital had evacuated except Cora, it just didn't sit well with her.

"Why haven't we killed her yet?" Venus voices her thoughts as the elevator starts to ascend.

"Because believe it or not little Nymph, you all need me." the woman replies smugly.

"Yeah we need you dead. Honestly, if none of you wanna do it I've got a nice range of weapons at home we could use on her."

"Get in line." Derek replies, with slight amusement at the girls urges.

"You don't have to keep me on a leash, Derek. I'm going to help."

     No one in the elevator seems to care about the womans words however, as they all simply watch her closer. The elevator dings as they reach their desired floor, the floor looked very eerie to Venus as they stepped out, it was strange seeing the hospital so empty and quiet. Reaching Coras room, they find it empty with only a puddle of blood and mistletoe left behind.

Then all of a sudden, the double doors ahead of them swing open as Peter is thrown through them and lands by the groups feet.

"We got a problem. Big problem."

EDITED