CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Venus couldn't remember much from last night, it was safe to say her father was more than confused though when Isaac dropped her off at the early hours of dawn

     Venus couldn't remember much from last night, it was safe to say her father was more than confused though when Isaac dropped her off at the early hours of dawn. It didn't help that she was still pretty disoriented when she walked into school the next day either. The halls were relatively empty since she was running kind of late to second period but she somehow managed to come face to chest with someone.

"Woah! I am so sorry." She quickly apologises, looking up and finding she'd bumped into Stiles. The first thing she noticed was how tired he looked in contrast to last night. Last night, when she had almost kissed him.

"It's okay, you look a little distracted." Stiles says, giving her a small smile.

"Yeah, I just got a lot on my mind." she looks towards her boots, shaking her head slightly before looking back up at him with furrowed eyebrows. "Where are you going? Don't we have english?"

The boy clears his throat, scratching his neck awkwardly. "I'm actually headed out for the day."

"Are you feeling okay?"

"I don't know, Vee. I'm just really tired, I haven't been sleeping. I think I'm gonna head for a check-up."

"I'll come with you, if you want." she rushes, quickly adding on the last part. "I don't think I can be here right now anyway, I'll drive."

The boy doesn't even try to argue with her, getting in her car and making their way into the hospital. They luckily find Scotts mom behind the front desk, Venus opting to wait a few paces behind as he speaks to the woman, taking a quick couple steps forward when he stumbles a little.

"Stiles. Are you all right?" Melissa asks, rounding the desk as Venus grabs onto his arm to steady him.

"I don't know." He gives her the same answer he has been giving Venus since they left school. "I guess- I guess not really."

"All right, kiddo." the older woman holds onto his other arm and she starts leading the two of them into one of the patient rooms. "Come with me."

Venus waits patiently by the door as Melissa asks the boy general questions about his health and he starts listing off everything he's been experiencing over the last few days. The brunette couldn't help but be concerned for the boy and she could tell Melissa was worried too. She watches as the woman fills a needle with a sedative and pushes it into his arm, Stiles quickly falls asleep and Melissa nudges her head towards the door. Venus takes the order and waits outside for the woman.

"Is he gonna be okay?" She asks as the nurse appears from inside the room.

"Yeah, he just needs a little rest." the woman reassures, giving her a small smile.

"Okay good. Um, can you tell him to call me when he wakes up? I can pick him up."

"Yeah, sure." Melissa smiles, her heart warming at how much the girl cared for the boy who was like her second son.