CHAPTER THIRTY

The search party had left Venus by her car a couple minutes ago, Lydia had called saying she knew where the boy was and Venus had quickly agreed to stay behind after Dereks reminder

The search party had left Venus by her car a couple minutes ago, Lydia had called saying she knew where the boy was and Venus had quickly agreed to stay behind after Dereks reminder. Part of her hoped that whatever was happening had something to do with Stiles, but he said he was in a basement. Ignoring her doubts, she drives down to the preserve, mainly following her gut feeling as she makes her way through the trees.

She wasn't entirely sure on where she was headed before she found herself in the clearing by her mother's tree. It was Nymph tradition to be buried in your protected area, and that's where Venus had found herself that night. The pain in her head was only growing at that point, so she did what she had learned and succumbed to it. It took a few seconds before the whispers became clearer, finally helping her understand why they were referring to coyotes.

Malias den.

Venus immediately pushed herself into a sprint, remember exactly where they had been only a few night ago. She starts to slow down as she nears it, looking closely around her for any sign of the boy and that's when she heard it. A quiet whimpering coming from between the trees. Walking towards it, she notices his freezing body right away. She pulls off her jacket and runs towards him, lying it on his front as she hold his shoulders against her front and attempts to shake him awake. Then he starts screaming.

"Stiles! Stiles it's me, i've got you, it's okay!" she tried to calm him down but his yelling and whimpering only continue. "Stiles you're alright! Hey, look at me." he finally stops his yelling as he notices that it was just Venus but her body goes into panic as she spots two figures running towards them. She calms down almost instantly however as she notices it was just the Mccalls.

The missing boy was now lying in Venus' arms, fully awake and breathing heavily as her hands run up and down his arms, trying to get him warm in any way.

"How did you figure it out?" Raphael McCall asks, his eyes narrowing at the girl sprawled across the dirt.

Melissa notices the panic in the girls eyes as she tried to come up with a convincing lie, the woman pushing past her ex husband and moving closer to the two shivering teens. "Does it matter? At least we found him."

Melissa helps Venus lift Stiles off the ground, the boy holding tightly onto the both of them as they make their way back to Mccalls car. Venus gets in the back seat next to Stiles, the boy refusing to let go of her hand.

"Hey, I found him." Venus speaks as soon as Scott answers her call. "We're on the way to the hospital."

"Is he okay?" she hears Stilinski yell from nearby, clearly having been on speaker.

"He's not hurt, don't worry."

"We'll meet you guys there."

     The rest of the car ride was silent, the only sound being heard was Stiles' heavy breathing as he rested his head on Venus' shoulder, his finger clutching tightly onto her own. Her mind was running wild trying to figure out why this was still happening to him, her dainty fingers resting on his cheek.