CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

"You got anything in that bag of yours to shut him up?" Venus calls through the house, making her way over to the group surrounding the couch. She had gotten a text from Lydia saying they found Stiles, again, and to meet them at Scotts house. She had just gotten her dad back into the house before she was off again.

"I think you'll be glad to know that I do." Deaton calls back, pulling out a roll of duct tape and sticking part of it to the boys mouth. Scott leads them into the kitchen, away from Voids prying ears and informing Venus of this mornings happenings so far.

"He's healing?" She questions, her eyebrows furrowing at the three people around her. "Healing like you do?"

"Yeah." Scott sighs before turning back to Deaton. "How much longer do you think we have?"

"I wish I knew." Deaton replies honestly. "But if we don't figure out something soon, we're going to need to find a better place to keep him. I think we're grossly underestimating the danger here. He might be paralyzed but it still feels like he's got us right in the palm of his hand."

"There's something else we need to talk about." Scott lets out an exhale, turning to Venus. "Last night when we were with Kiras mom, she mentioned you."

"I've never met the woman." Venus deadpans.

"Not you as Venus, you as a Nymph. She said that he needs you on his side."

"What? Why?"

"Because of your conflicting energies." Deatons eyes widen as he turns to the girl.

"What does that mean?" Lydia interrupts.

"Venus' being emits a natural, positive energy. Her power feeds off of nature and well being, he strives off of chaos and destruction. Being around you weakens him, I believe, since your energies are much more prominent."

"You haven't been around whenever any of his plans are in motion." Scott realises. "That day at school, he knew Argent would call your dad. He needed you away. Then he fed off all the strife and it made him stronger."

"Because it made you weaker, you were too occupied with your father and being around you allows the real Stiles a gateway back."

The brunette takes a breath, overwhelmed at this newfound information. It made sense to her in a way, but she didn't know what to do with it now.

"I read about something." Venus reveals, speaking mainly to Deaton. "It's called projecting, apparently it's something I can do."

"Do you know how to do it?" the girl shakes her head as a response to the older man. "It's exactly what it sounds like, it's a power that allows you to literally project your energies onto something."

"Can she do that to save Stiles?"

"Theoretically, it would only weaken him and it would take her days, maybe weeks even, to learn it."

Lydia lets out a breath, shaking her head a little in thought. "So our only option is to give him the bite, to change his body."

"That's if I translated it correctly." Deaton states blankly. "We're looking for a cure in something that might actually be nothing more than a proverb or a metaphor."

"And what if he doesn't want it?" Scott questions. "He has never asked to be a werewolf."

Venus weighs all their options, she knew there was no easy way out of this just listening into their conversation. Lydia tries to convince the two males that it might be the only way to save Stiles' life but neither of them were budging.

"That venom is not gonna last long." Deaton reminds them. "Something needs to be done, sooner than later."

She didn't like the plan, at all. Lydia had suggested they call Peter for help since Derek himself wasn't answering any of his calls. The former alpha had told them it was a better option to fight this from the mind and not the body, Scott would have to go through Stiles' mind and essentially wake him up from inside his own head but he couldn't do it alone. Which is where Venus' role comes to play. Scott had attempted to argue with her but Deaton quickly shut the boy down, assuring him that this was their best option.