CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

The following few hours were some of the most exhausting Venus had ever endured. Chris Argent had showed up alongside her own father just seconds after Allison had died. Venus had spotted the girls lifeless body laying in Scotts arms as soon as she heaved Stiles out of the tunnels. She couldn't help the tears that immediately sprung to her eyes, watching all of her friends mourn over their fallen.

     Alexander Fiore had never been so relieved in his life when he spotted his daughter, it was bittersweet for all of them. They had saved Venus and reunited her with her father, but they lost Allison and Chris had to witness her dead body.

     Kira had offered for Stiles to return to her home while everyone else went down to the station to give a report on Allison. Stiles could barely hold himself up at that point, latching onto Venus for life and she knew she couldn't leave him, which her father was more than understanding about. So, there they sat on Kiras couch, feeling increasingly exhausted and overwhelmed. The Japanese girl had offered for her to freshen up in her room, which she gladly accepted, Kira grabbing a blanket on their way out for Stiles.

Venus returned to her previous seat beside him, unfolding the blanket and placing it around his frail body, gaining a quiet thank you from the boy as he pulls it tighter around himself. "How are you feeling?" she speaks quietly.

"I don't know." he sighs, looking over at her. "I don't think we ever expected something like this to happen. And it's all my fault."

"Hey. It wasn't your fault." she places her hand on his shoulder, squeezing it slightly. "That thing might have your face, but it's not you, okay? Don't blame yourself."

Stiles pulls his hand from under the blanket, using it to grab her hand that was on his shoulder in his own, squeezing back. "I'm glad you're safe."

"Now that, is thanks to you." Venus gives him a small smile, not letting go of his hand. Kiras mother walks into the living room after carrying a teapot.

"Here." the woman pours some out into a cup and offers it to the boy. "It'll calm you."

"What is it?" Stiles mumbles.

"Tea."

"Like magic tea?"

"No, chamomile. Drink it." the woman spoke with raised eyebrows, possibly thinking he was trying to joke.

Stiles takes the cup, giving the woman a thankful smile as he brought it to his lips.

Mr. Yukimuras shoes click loudly against the wooden floor as he makes his way into the living room. "He isn't safe here. Neither of them are."

"They're not safe anywhere."

"Wait, I don't understand." Venus interrupts. "Why am I not safe? He's already weakened me, I can still feel his darker energies."

"He doesn't just want you weak, Venus." Noshiko explains, a frown making its way on the girls face as she realises what the woman was onto.

"But Allison killed one of them." Kira speaks up from Venus' other side. "Doesn't that mean something?"

"Is that even possible?" her father questions, looking highly skeptical.

His wife nods in confirmation. "I'm not sure how."

"But she did." Kira pressed. "She killed one of them."

"Yeah, then they killed her." Stiles speaks bluntly, slightly socking the two girls to his right. "Allison's dead. Now I guess the only good thing is it looks like I'm dying too."

"Don't say that." Venus chastises. She had never the boy so down and fragile, it was unnatural to her. This was no longer the same boy she met a few months ago. He took his time in admiring the concern in her blue eyes, the boy was certain he was dying at this point and he wanted to relish in the moments he had with his friends. The moments he had with the girl who he'll never be able to tell how he really feels.

"He made a powerful move by splitting the two of you." Noshiko nods at the boy.

"So what's our move?" Kira asks, looking between her parents.

"At this point, you need a divine move." her father replied.

"Divine move?" Venus repeats, hoping for an explanation.

"In the game of Go, its what we call a truly inspired or out-of-the-box move." his wife looks over at the teens, starting to explain. "The nogitsune has had sente, the advantage, until this point. What you need is a divine move in order to turn the game around."

"Okay, so is anyone feeling divinely inspired?" Stiles retorts, looking around the room.

"Mom, you said you trapped it in a glass jar right?" Kira ignores the boys statement, looking over to her mother.

"It wasn't the jar that trapped it, it was where I buried it."

Venus huffs knowing exactly where this was going. "Let me take a wild guess. The Nemeton."

The woman nods in confirmation. "A place I don't know much about."

"Then who does?"

"Deaton." Stiles realises. "Deaton does."

Kira had gotten up almost instantly to call Scott, leaving Venus to pick Stiles up off the couch and lead him out the door. Kira came over to help the girl soon after, guiding the boy into the passenger seat of his car, but before either of the girls could move away, Venus blacked out for a second. The two other teens sent each other panicked looks as Kira holds the girl up straight.

"Venus, what is it?" Stiles questions, leaning his head out of the car door.

"I- I don't know." the brunette stutters, she genuinely couldn't explain to them what she felt. All she knew was it was completely overwhelming. "Something's happening, it's not good. We're running out of time."

"Scott said they're already at the animal clinic with Deaton." Kira confirms, jumping through to the backseat.

"If you hurt my car, I will end you Fiore." Stiles warns as the girl starts the engine and speeds off towards the clinic.