Chapter 13

Warning: sensitive topics are being discussed in this chapter, which could be triggering. Read at own risk!

Today was a good day. Edric had said he was home late, so that meant I had the day to myself. In the morning I accompanied Linda, Debra and Stella, in the afternoon I kept myself busy in the garden and in the evening, I enjoyed reading a book in the library. That was the only place Edric was not fond of, so it was my escape place from him.

When I was finishing my last chapter before deciding to go to bed, I heard a noise coming from the foyer. I assumed it was Edric, but judging by the sound of it, it seemed he was not alone. Normally I would let it go, thinking it would be one of the men who came over here from time to time. Only this did not sound like males, but rather like females.

I closed my book and carefully made my way to the front door. The closer I got the clearer it got to me it was indeed females. I turned around the corner and was met with Edric and three women who were clinging to my husband.

The four of them touched each other inappropriately, especially Edric because he was my husband, meaning he could not engage himself like this with others. He had his hands placed on parts you should not have them there. I knew marriage was an exclusive relationship and that if Edric were to go further with this behavior he was cheating on me, meaning being disloyal to me.

One of the women noticed me. "Edric who is she? Will she be joining us as well?" She asked rather disappointed.

"Oh no baby, she will do anything but join us." Edric slurred. He was drunk.

"E-Edric what is going on?" I asked hesitantly.

"What is going on? What is going on is that I have three beautiful women by my side who will accompany me this night. So, don't go to our bedroom, it will be rather busy and crowded tonight in our bed." He laughed like he was saying a joke.

A hurtful expression appeared on my face. My lips slightly trembling and my eyes watering.

"Little bird, quite the tears. If you don't want to satisfy my needs, I will have to find my own ways." The four of them laughed as they went upstairs.

Why would he marry me if he did not plan to stay loyal to me? Why hurt me? I grew more and more frustrated as I did not understand a thing that was happening to me and to the things around me.

I found a guest bedroom near our bedroom, but I could not sleep for a minute. It was either my mind that kept me awake or the noises from the bedroom.

I think at some moment I did fell asleep but was soon after abruptly woken up by Edric. He busted through the door, he squinted his eyes and a frown appeared on his face. He shook his head and grunted. "Fucking hangover" He muttered.

"Ava, breakfast now. To the bedroom." He ordered me.

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and sat up, waking up as well. "Hurry up, bitch!" I flinched at his harsh words. Again, tears were forming in my eyes. I made my way downstairs and prepared breakfast.

I worked as quickly as I could and put everything on a tray, bringing it upstairs. As I entered the room, I foul smell hit me. Nevertheless, I kept on walking, not sparing a glance at the bed and put the tray on the table in the room.

After I had delivered the food, I tried to escape the bad-smelling room as fast as possible. When it turned on my heel, I did see the bed, unfortunately. The three women laid there naked, on the spot I normally slept. A wave of anger hit me but was soon flushed away by Edric.

"Where. Is. My. Coffee!" He roared.

The women giggled.

Because I had worked so quickly, I had forgotten about the coffee. I was so scared, he could get so angry about little things, especially his coffee in the morning. "I-I...I-"