Chapter 24

"Put your shoes on and get your coat." I heard Nicholas saying to me as he passed my bedroom. I wanted to ask why, but he continued to walk away, leaving me no room to question him about his mysterious request.

I quickly took the asked items from my closet and made my way toward the foyer. As I made my decent down the steps, I saw Nicolas getting ready as well together with five other bodyguards.

"What's going on?" I asked worried. Had something happened? Did we need to flee? Were we in any danger?

Nicolas looked at me with a warm smile and gestured to go outside with him. He escorted me towards one of the cars. He opened the passenger side's door so I could enter the car. He quickly made his way around the car and joined me in the car.

He turned the key and the engine came to life, roaring like a beast.

As we were leaving the premises I sat stunned in my seat. We were leaving the house.

I turned towards the man who denied every request of mine to leave the house. "Nicholas? Where are we going?"

He did not take his eyes from the road and simply answered with, "It's a surprise."

Still not feeling fully assured nothing was wrong, I fiddled with my fingers in my seat, waiting for our arrival. Wherever that might be.

After a twenty-minute drive we entered a spacious parking lot in front of a movie theatre. My eyes widen. I could not believe where I was. Since I learned about movie theatres I always wanted to go. Xavier went often with his friends. As a little girl I wanted to join them, to see the big screen, smell the popcorn and to spend time with my big brother.

Now, finally, my dream came true. At least I think so. Why would you bring me here if you were not going to see a movie?

"Please do not tell me this is a joke?!" I squealed.

"It's not." Nicholas replied with a smirk.

I turned my body to open the car door. I wanted, no, I needed to leave this car. I had to see it for myself that I was indeed standing in front of one of the places I wanted to go most. But I was halted in my movements by Nicholas.

I looked at him with a questioning face. "Let me go out first. For safety reasons." Nicholas said. I huffed and let myself fall against the car seat. I slumped further down and pouted. Stupid safety reasons, I thought.

Nicholas left the car and the other bodyguards that came with us as well from their cars. They all looked around, checked the area and then finally Nicholas opened the door for me. My pout turned upside down in a smile as I set foot on the parking lot.

For a while I just stood there admiring the building facing me. Then I turned around and gave Nicholas a big bear hug. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I chanted.

I heard Nicholas chuckle but that was quickly changed by a gasp as I took his hand in mine and dragged him towards the movie theatre.

Nicholas was quick to match his steps with mine as we neared the building. Upon entering I was hit with the smell of popcorn. I never liked the snack but loved the smell of it. I smiled. I genuinely smiled for the first time in a long, long time. This trip felt like a ray of sunshine in my dark head.

As we entered, I had no idea where to go. Nicholas noticed and escorted me to our destination. While we walked, I noticed something, it was empty of people. I knew form the movies and the stories of my brother that these place where packed with people, mostly teenagers. But no one was here. I looked left and right but only saw the bodyguards that were following us.

Nicholas noticed my suspicious behaviour and spoke, "I rented the whole building for tonight. So, it is just us."

"Oh..." I responded in a neutral tone. I did not know if I should like this or hate this. I mean I wanted to know the whole experience, to see the excited people to finally watch the movie after waiting for a long time, to notice the couple who would only make out and had no clue about whatever happened on the big screen, to be irritated by the major fans who were constantly discussing things during the movie.

While I was pondering on the fact, we were alone in the building we had arrived at the theatre where we would watch our movie. One employer was standing there and said something to Nicholas to quick for me to understand and with that we entered the room.

It was big.

Rows and rows of red seats were place behind each other. I could only imagine how it must be like when it was full of people.

Nicholas guided us towards the stairs that led us to the middle row, to the middle seats. Like this we had a perfect view of what was going on.

"I did not know what to choose to watch. But I did know you like musical movies. Therefore, I chose Mamma Mia." The tall man in front of me said while scratching his neck. Probably afraid he made the wrong choice.

Well, at this moment I did not care what we saw. I was already incredibly happy that one of my biggest childhood dreams came true. "It's fine Nicholas. I-I... Thank you. I mean it. You have no idea what this means to me." I said sincere.

"No problem, little dove." He said with a smile.

We both sat down and enjoyed the movie. 

A/N: I know, it seems like a filler chapter. It is not. Very important moment for Ava. 

Please leave a comment behind, let me know what you think.

Thanks for all the support for this book! I did not know if this story would be liked or not.

If you have any ideas for the book also let me know. 

Thank you for reading and stay safe!