11 ~ 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐵𝑢𝑟𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑂𝑛𝑒

Over the next couple days Clove was distant with most people. She would say the occasional word to her suite mates, but not much. Her whole form was disheveled and she had dark circles under her eyes from a lack of sleep.

She mostly hung out with Sam or Terra in the greenhouse completing work or just talking. They understood her situation without judgement and she felt most comfortable with them.

Sky was feeling lost without the little fairy. Whenever he would see her he would try and go up to talk to her, but she would always avoid conversation. He was worried.

Currently sitting near the pond, Clove was reading a new book, trying to tone out the world around her. Her phone pinged and it read:

Terra: 𝙸𝚝𝚜 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎. 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝙾𝚗𝚎. 𝙸𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚓𝚘𝚒𝚗 𝚞𝚜 𝚐𝚘 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝙱𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚛.

Clove looked away from her phone and took a deep breath. She was scared. These people were also her friends though and she needed to be there in case. After all, she is a protector fairy. She gathered her stuff and headed to the barrier.

꧁꧂

Clove reached the barrier the same time Musa and Terra did. "Oh good, everyone is calm and collected," Musa said sarcastically. Terra came up to Clove and gave her a side hug. Terra whispered, "You alright?" Clove nodded and whispered back, "Just stay with me please." Terra nodded.

"Finally, but who asked you to be here Clove?" Stella asked as they walked through the Barrier. "Terra actually. I can leave but we are going outside the barrier and well, I am a protector fairy unlike you who can just flash a bit of light. But if you want I can turn right around just say the word."

Stella glared at Clove but said nothing. Clove was proud to put her in her place. She doesn't hate Stella, but she can be a bitch and Clove refuses to be pushed around.

All of the girls kept walking until they reached the barn. They stopped and stared at it while Bloom, Aisha, and Stella went to the barn and Terra and Clove followed a distracted Musa away from the barn. "Musa?"

"Musa, are you ok?" Clove asked her. "I don't know. I feel something... What is it?" Clove looked at her uneasily. Musa suddenly hunched over in pain and cried out, "It hurts!" She looked the the side and my eyes followed her line of vision.

"Guys! We got a problem!" Terra called out to the other girls. Aisha and Stella came running while Bloom got distracted. Staring in front of them , multiple dead soldiers lay scattered around covered in blood and all torn up.

Clove stared at the scene with wide, tearful eyes and a distraught look on her face. "The Burned One. It's still here somewhere." Clove couldn't focus. Everything around her began to muffle and wash away. Her focus only trained on the bodies and her one true fear was happening once again.

"Clove! CLOVE!" She snapped out of it to see Terra and Musa standing by Mr. Silva. Stella, Aisha, and Bloom were nowhere in sight. "I need your help." A couple tears slipped her eyes and she walked over to them.

"Ok. I got Zanbaq for you. It'll calm the infection and we can take you back to school. I can hold his head. I need you to pour it into his mouth. Clove, put up your shield in case it decides to come back. Musa?"

Clove nodded half paying attention and focused on the energy around her, but was struggling with her own. Terra noticed both Musa and Clove have difficulty, "He's scared. I'm not. Focus on me."

Both girls nod. Mr.Silva's breathing is shaky and erratic. Clove quickly focuses on Terra and her confidence in this moment , trying to grasp onto her own. Her eyes turn golden and puts the shield around the four of them.

Clove begins to struggle as she has never had to put this great of a shield up concerning four people. Musa pours the Zanbaq in and Mr.Silva slowly relaxes a bit more. Clove puts more energy in the shield as Terra and Musa lift up Mr. Silva. She stays behind them keeping up her shield to watch everything around. They begin their hike back to the school.

꧁꧂

Stella was frantically talking to Sky about what just occurred. Sky was trying to comfort her when she looked down towards the courtyard. Terra and Musa were holding someone while Clove trailed in the back still trying to keep up the shield. "Is that Silva?"

Sky ran down the stairs. "I need a med kit from the Bastion." Terra called out. Beatrix stepped forward, " I'll get the headmistress." Clove released the shield hearing they were in the school. She didn't notice before, too lost in her thoughts and keeping up the shield.

"Dane, help us carry him to the greenhouse," Terra says firmly. "Nearly there, Mr.Silva. Sam, go get dad." He nods and runs off. Musa stops "Dad?"

"He's my brother"

Sky comes running up behind Clove and calls out to her, " Clove! What happened? Is he alright? Did he g-" He reaches her and gets cut off as she falls limp. He catches her before she hits the ground. "Clove! Oh my god."

He scoops her up bridal style and heads to the greenhouse. Musa catches him passing bye and her eyes widen confused on why Clove is passed out. "What happened?!" Sky walks quickly with Musa following. "I don't know. I was asking her about what happened and she just passed out. I'm taking her to the greenhouse."

"Oh my god. Ok." She follows quickly and they head to the greenhouse. Sky bursts through the door. "Help her," Professor Harvey points the the bench and Sky sets her down gently. He brushed a piece of her hair out of her face while Professor Harvey looks over her.

"Did she get cut by a Burned One?" He asks Terra. She shakes her head, "No. She put up a shield to get us to safety." He nods, "Ok good. I think it may just be exhaustion from using so much magic for the first time. Take her back to her room for the night and let her rest." Sky nods.

Professor Harvey quickly moved back to grab Zanbaq and place it on Silva. "How bad is it? Can we help him?" Sky says frantically as both people he cares about deeply are hurt. "Sky i'll be fine. Just let Professor Harvey do his work and take Clove back to her room."

Ms. Dowling bursts in, "I should have moved it right away and had more soldiers. Guys, could we have the room please? We'll keep you informed, go on." Sky hesitates but picks up Clove and Terra and Musa follow him out.

-
hey! longer chapter. this was a crazy one to write! I added musa to go to the greenhouse because she kinda just stopped and i am hoping to portray the friendship between her and clove more. Even the rest of the fairies too. hope you like it and thank you so much for 6k reads!! stay safe!!💕💕