Y/N thinks Harry is just too sweet, so he couldn't have done that, right?

part 3 of Y/N think's Harry's intimidating 

TW: mentions of suicide and potential murder 

iii.

"Y/N...Y/N?"

Y/N dreamt of Harry often, maybe more than was particularly appropriate to dream of her boss. She'd only ever had one other boss swim around in her subconscious, but it had only been once and it was barely memorable the day after. Typically, Y/N tried to stray far away from the attention of her employers – she came to get her work done, would go beyond if necessary but was relatively quiet and kept to herself, especially when it came to her boss. She'd be polite and keep it professional, would never ask them what they were doing later that night, didn't engage in the playful banter they might find with her coworkers. Y/N had always believed that becoming friends with your boss was probably the worst thing that could happen because at the end of the day they have some authority over you, and if you're going out for drinks and get a little loose-lipped about the wrong thing...well, your job could be as good as gone.

Despite this, she thinks Harry is an exception; it was sort of difficult not to become friendly with your boss if your work consisted of taking care of their child, inside of their home on a daily basis. Y/N thinks it would be odder if they hadn't found friendship in this – the days certainly would be tense had they not, and a trip away from home together would be...well, Y/N doesn't think he'd have even invited her.

Maybe that's why he so frequently visits her dreams. They were never anything notable; sometimes they were just sitting in his living room reading – Y/N doesn't know what it is she's reading, but she knew she was comfortable. Other times it was she, him, and Charlie together, and it really was a toss-up what they were doing – one she had that woke her up feeling fond of them both, they were painting on the beach. Harry's paintings always made hers look like trash but both of them were somehow being overshadowed in their talents by Charlie who somehow created Michelangelo reminiscent pieces (this was usually the indicator that she was not awake). Her favorite dream of them though is one she only allowed herself to think about when she was in bed, just before she fell asleep. She doesn't know where they are – she could never figure out if it was his bed or her own – but her cheek was pressed to his chest, and his arm was wrapped around her. Delicate loops were drawn onto her skin by his fingers, in intricate designs that lure goosebumps to the surface. Her arm is draped over his waist, the pads of her fingers idly play with the seam of his cotton shirt. Harry speaks to her in a gentle voice about his day, his words vibrate through his chest against her cheek, and she's lulled to sleep.

It's...objectively, it isn't great to be dreaming that type of scenario with someone who is her boss, but Y/N couldn't necessarily choose what she dreamt about. Plus, it wasn't hurting anyone if she kept it to herself, in the little lockbox of her subconscious that had been coddling her with sweet imagery once Harry and Charlie had entered her life. Almost like it was rewarding her for keeping semi-normal hours for once, rather than staying up until 3 AM every night because she knew Emmett would come home pissy drunk and need help getting to bed, then turning around and waking up at 8 AM for work. For once, she was sleeping well and through the night, and both her body and mind were incredibly thankful for it.

All that aside, Harry is in her dreams most nights, and that's why she thinks she's dreaming at first.

She'd heard him say her name before, in a murky cloud of her brain as she was slowly coaxed awake. Y/N wades in and out, assuming she was still half dreaming until she feels a hand on her shoulder. He squeezes her carefully, "Sweetheart?"

"Hm?" She struggles to open her eyes, weighed down by drowsiness, but the sudden awareness she gathers to the soreness in her neck makes it impossible to fall back to sleep.