Part 2 of Y/N didn't know mermaids existed and Harry cannot stand humans

ii.

Y/N finds out quickly that Harry does not ask for things.

Rather, he orders or tells her what she is going to do or what is to happen and he fully expects her to obey him with no complaints and no questioning. If he commanded that she bring him blood and she told him that could be dangerous for her and she might lose her job if she got caught, he scoffs and rolls his eyes. If Harry told her to chew on the fresh seaweed wrapped around his knuckles and she asked him why she would ever want to do that, he looked at her with furrowed brows and mild irritation. And if he requested that she submerge her entire body into icy waters so he could start some basic lessons on swimming and she told him that she didn't want to because it was too cold, he would furrow his brows, scoff, roll his eyes, and look mildly irritated.

That's where they are now, actually. Harry was the epitome of annoyed with her while she sat on the dock and he was in the water. Autumn had gripped the woods entirely so the leaves provided some sort of veil from them to hide within. Though that wasn't much of a problem when Harry had her out there at 4 in the morning; if someone was out and about near this basin of ocean water at four in the morning, hidden away from the world and only connected by the pathway directly to the sea – then they were probably a killer. And if they were, the last thing Y/N would be concerned with is if they knew Harry was part fish.

This hadn't been planned either. The last thing Y/N wants to do on a Saturday morning, her first off day, is wake up before the sun, get out of her bed, leave her flat, drive to the water that apparently housed mythical creatures (or at least one type of mythical creature), and get anywhere near the water. But she ends up not having much choice when she's woken up very suddenly from a cold palm on her bicep and a face just barely centimeters from hers.

Y/N gasped and sucked in air for a scream but it faltered in her throat when, who she thought was an assailant, frowned at her and leaned back some, "Don't," he told her, "You'll give me a headache."

"Harry?" She squinted her eyes at him, at first not making a move to get out of bed at all, "What are you doing here? Are you okay? Do you need – is your sister stuck again?"

He shook his head, "Of course not, she's not an idiot. She would never make the same mistake twice," he explained, and as Y/N became more aware of her surroundings, she realizes that he is actually in her bed. One knee was digging into her thigh, and he rested his weight on his bum. He had become slightly better at covering himself up, so his bare dick wasn't just swinging around in her face, so he had another towel wrapped around his waist (she had no idea where he's been stealing these from but she was grateful for them because there's no way she would be able to focus on anything he was saying otherwise). "We need to go to the water."

"Huh?" Y/N turned her head to check the time, the LED-lit numbers read 3:50 and the sky was still dark so she could only assume it was still the middle of the night, "Why would we do that? It's so late."

"It's actually early, human, and it's because it is the only time I can come out and move freely without worrying if someone else might see me with my head above the water." He pointed at the clock, "We must hurry, before the running humans decide to come around."

She sniffled and rubbed against her nose before she started to push up from the mattress, "Is it – do we have to do this today? I didn't go to bed early enough to get up right now."

"Yes." He answered shortly, which of course got Y/N's mind twisting and turning. What could be so important that they had to do it right now? Was it time sensitive? Maybe he wanted her to meet someone and they were waiting for them right now. Maybe they would sit Y/N down and the both of them would discuss their way of life and stroke the part of her brain that is so desperate to know.