Part 3 of Harry is Y/N's new bodyguard and Y/N's sure they've met before

iii.

Y/N has never been so embarrassed.

The hike was her idea; granted, she's not a big hiker to begin with, and she hardly believes the sneakers she wore were meant for more than casual ambling in a park — but she thought it could be fun. After being cooped up in her flat for a little over a week, she was desperate just to breathe in the fresh air and feel the sun on her skin. It was one thing to be locked away when the weather was bitter and uninhabitable, but it was finally getting warmer, and whispers of Spring were carried in the wind. An open window could only preclude her feelings of claustrophobia for so long before she needed to go outside.

Since Harry could typically get Thomas to agree to things she'd never thought he might agree to before, he was the one she asked. However, due to the recent attempted kidnapping, even he seemed reluctant to the proposal and Y/N had imagined her plans had fallen through before they'd even truly been constructed. At least she did until Harry sent her a message a little past midnight the following night, with a link that directed her to a trail's website. Would this be okay? His message read, and Y/N grinned so hard her cheeks were sore as she replied with "Yes!" ten times.

Y/N is not one who would find joy in exerting herself but she was filled to the brim and gushing with an eagerness she hasn't felt since being a child, the night before visiting a zoo. She did not for a second consider how sore she'd probably be, especially from the number of hills this trail included along the side of what wasn't big enough to be a mountain but was certainly large enough to give the illusion. All she could focus on was the thought of the wind kissing her face and the sound of morning birds singing. Aching muscles be damned, she could just take a hot bath when they got back, and maybe she could persuade Harry to massage her feet if it was that bad.

By the time Y/N woke up Friday morning, Harry was already in her kitchen preparing breakfast but that was hardly shocking. It was her second time witnessing him outside of a pressed suit and she couldn't say that she was disappointed; Harry looked awfully cute in his hiking clothes. A hoodie that swallowed him up, athletic shorts pulled over black leggings, and a pair of bright red shoes that she could not imagine him plucking out of a store. A beanie was nestled over his head, but he had a hair clip locked around the edge of it, almost like he had it on standby in case he got too warm.

He turned to face her, smiling warmly as he flipped a pancake, "I didn't know if you had a water bottle, so I brought an extra one," he greeted her, "And I bought some of those warm packs you activate by shaking in case it's chillier than we anticipated."

"We need to get a stroller for your kitties so they can come too," Y/N told him, as she hiked herself up on the barstool beside the counter, Harry working on the side adjacent to her. She rested her face against her fist, watching him putter around putting together the meal. There was something imminently gratifying about putting a man to work in her kitchen while she swung her legs and waited patiently to be fed, so she reveled in that feeling while he answered.

"I actually do have a stroller," he told her, "But since this is our first time, I thought it would be better to see the trail before bringing them."

With a sigh, Y/N agreed. Harry has brought them over three times since the first and Y/N enjoyed every second of it – he'd explained to her that as long as she doesn't mind, he'll bring them over often. This way he gets to spend extra time with them while he's working and Y/N gets her animal fill as they meander throughout her flat, making it their second home. He's even left them there overnight once, when he would be returning the following morning but wasn't necessarily going home (their schedules make no sense to her, not even a little, and she wondered when the hell they ever slept), and Y/N really liked that. She woke up to Gremlin at her feet and Goose nestled against her breast beneath the blankets (and if she hadn't been so sure that moving would stir them both, she would have taken a picture to send to him).