Witch Harry part 3

iii.

Y/N had sex with Harry.

She had sex with Harry of all people and she was having a considerable amount of trouble processing the fact once the aphrodisiac was wearing off. How couldn't she? Earlier today she had been certain that he hated her guts, but then this? It's hard to wrap her mind around it, especially when she's still riding that sex high that follows someone really good. And her hormones and the rational segments of her brain are miscommunicating because all she wants is to be closer to him, which is also throwing her. After sex, Y/N had been pretty good at differentiating between desire-driven emotion and real feelings; she wasn't questioning how she felt about the person. If she liked them, she liked them and if she didn't she didn't.

But she had already been having trouble making up her mind about Harry. Did she have a crush on him? Or were they just spending an unusual amount of time together and it was tricking her brain into thinking that she liked him more than the frenemies relationship they had going for them? She had definitely been feeling far softer toward Harry than she had been previously, but she also attributed that to the fact that they see each other more. He was no longer the dark witch down the road who came and stole her chamomile. He was slightly rude, sure, but that was the outer shell of someone far more tender, who knits blankets for his kitten, stays the night when Y/N feels scared, helps around her shop when she's busy, brings her lunch unprompted, and spoke to her flowers like they were his own. He was someone who, even when he thought she was completely asleep beside him in the car, kept checking on her, feeling her, giving reassuring squeezes, and stroking the hair from her eyes.

He was someone Y/N had begun considering a friend.

And as much as she dislikes when Thumper and her flowers start going on about how she likes him, were they so far off? Her familiar and her plants were two things on this universe that knew her better than anybody, maybe even better than she knew herself, so why shouldn't she trust them? It would make sense that they would be seeing things that she didn't – maybe looks that she didn't know she was giving him, or maybe it was her tone of voice when regarding him, or the way her cheeks warmed when he touched her (she found that Harry was an incredibly touchy-feely kind of bloke, which only showed more and more, the more time that they spent together). All of it just ruffles her feathers, but she'd always thought maybe a little bit of that was her getting flustered with who he was as a person. Harry had always been flirty, even when he was being borderline cruel, he had a certain charm about him that Y/N always envied. That same charm that had been making her heart speed up even when she told it not to.

All this, plus how tender he had been when they woke from their transcending experience – how he held her close, ran his hand up her back, murmured over and over in her ear that they were safe, that she was safe, that he had her, "Don't worry Sweet thing, it's all over, I got you, I got you," – God, how could she think about anything else? These were all thoughts that might have flooded her last night had she not been so drained; her brain had uttered nothing but requests for sleep, something to quell the growl in her belly, and to be as close to Harry as possible. She hadn't held the capacity to think past her basic needs. Then she woke up with nothing but pure, carnal desire fueling her body, and now she's on the comedown, in the passenger seat of his car, and it's hitting her like a freight train.

"Fuck sake, I can hear you thinking from over here," he cleared his throat, dragging her straight out of her thoughts and into the present with him – she turns to face him, and see that his brows are dipped, "Is this about what happened? Are you going to be weird about it?"

"What? No," she lied through her teeth...she'd always been aces at pretending things were alright when they weren't, for the right people that is. Her Nan could see through her as clear as glass, but most things she could dodge easily, "I'm just nervous, is all. Got a weird feeling."