6 💫

It's a Wednesday and every Wednesday is club day. Since I've been accepted to the broadcasting club, I went straight to the broadcasting room. The club already has its official club officers but I'm not really sure who these people are. I'm about to meet them today. My new family.

As for Jay, he joined the dance club since he's always been so passionate about dancing ever since we were young. He does enjoy cooking and basketball, but his love for the sport is nothing compared to dancing. Speaking of cooking, I should ask him to cook for me sometime. I thought.

On the other hand, Mia is part of the film club. She loves photography and fashion. Other than Jay's fashion style, I personally like Mia's a lot. She enjoys editing and capturing moments, she once prepared a video of me as a present. It's the sweetest thing I've received.

As I entered the broadcasting room, I saw only a few people seated and to my surprise, one of them is Sunoo. There was a vacant seat beside him and since he's the only one I'm familiar with, I sat beside him.

"Hi! I don't know if you remember me, but I'm your classmate. My name is Avery."

He looks at me as if he was surprised to see me in this club.

"Oh, yes of course I remember you" he laughs and smiles brightly. Sunoo has such a contagious smile and it matches his bright energy. He seems like such a nice person to be around.

"So ahm, you're interested in broadcasting?" Sunoo asks.

"Yes, I am. Actually, I've been trying to express myself more and broadcasting can be a way of practice for me." I say shyly, conscious of what Sunoo might think of that.

"That's amazing! You'll be able to express yourself freely in no time. I'm happy you joined the club" he smiles and I smile back, not only because he smiled at me but because he was so kind and made me feel like I could be myself whenever I'm around him.

"How about you? Why did you join the broadcasting club?" I ask this time.

"Oh actually, I never wanted to join the broadcasting club, but everyone wanted me to since they said people feel happy whenever they hear my voice." He says looking down and getting all embarrassed.

I giggled at how cute he was. "I mean I don't really know if what they say is true, but I thought I would give it a try and well here I am." He continues.

"You chose the right choice. I'd love to hear your announcements soon" I say genuinely.

After a while, the president of our club called our attention. We then introduced ourselves to each other, we did a little 'get to know' in order to be more comfortable with one another. After we did so, we were dismissed and we bid our goodbyes.

I was on my way to my classroom to get my stuff and head home until I heard a text notification from my phone.

jay<3:
i miss you

His text gave me butterflies but I tried to push it away and then replied to him.

ave:
don't you have a meeting?

I replied back and waited for his reply.

jay<3:
yup. wait for me?

ave:
i'll be waiting in the classroom.

jay<3:
maybe you can wait in the dance club? i do want you around.