27 💫

It was silent.

A deafening ringing is heard. I was shivering from the cold yet I just stayed there. Slowly losing consciousness.

-

"Avery wake up!"

"Avery please wake up!"

That voice.

That voice has been calling my name for a while now. It had a mixture of worry and terror.

I want to respond but I can't take it in me to move my lips, I can simply listen to it.

"Please wake up" this time the same voice spoke in a more softly manner. It sounded defeated.

I felt a pair of lips that was pressed firmly to mine, though it wasn't meant for a kiss, instead, it was meant to perform CPR.

At that, I awoke.

-

I coughed out water as I slowly opened my eyes seeing the alarmed expression of my classmates that surrounded me.

On my side was Jay and he reflected the expression of my classmates. The same fearful expression on his face.

I saw how he sighed in exhaustion the moment I looked his way.

He leaned closer to me and carries my fragile upper body up before he wraps me in his arms.

"You're awake" he muttered. His voice had a sense of relief and contentment.

I realized it was the same voice I heard earlier.

He hugs me tighter as if hoping I would never leave his sight.

"Ave are you okay?! I'm so sorry" Mia says as she releases me from Jay's grasps before she hugs me this time.

"Speak to me" she says, her eyes getting teary after seeing me in my fragile state.

"Don't worry, I'm okay" I muttered despite my brittle state just to assure her.

"I'll take her to the infirmary" Jay says as he was about to carry me in his arms.

But before he could do so, Sunoo held a grip on his wrist, stopping him from doing so.

Sunoo eyed him before speaking directly to him.

"I'll take it from here. You have other things to deal with"

He speaks coldly and with his words, I knew he was talking about Charlotte.

He lets go of his wrist before he carries me bridal style with his arms as we left for the infirmary. Leaving Jay emotionless.

-

We reached the infirmary with me still in Sunoo's arms. He later releases me, allowing me to take a seat.

"May I help you?" The nurse asks as she noticed our appearance.

"My friend here drowned and has just gained consciousness. I took her here hoping you can check on her"