19 💫

I was shattered. The words she said to me that day felt suffocating.

I was sobbing as I ran out of the classroom that day. I didn't care where I was going but I just wanted to get out of that place.

Ever since my conversation with Charlotte, I've been avoiding Jay. It's been over two weeks since the incident, yet the wound still felt so fresh 'til this day.

It is our last period for today, and I felt a bit of relief. Not just because I missed my bed and the comfort of my home, but also because I couldn't stand being in the same room as him.

It was a good thing Charlotte is absent today. I couldn't handle being around Jay, what more if that bitch was around too.

I was focusing in class as I felt Jay's gaze on me. I didn't want to look back because I didn't want him to have that satisfaction. The satisfaction that I was acknowledging his presence.

"Class dismissed. Don't forget your homework, goodbye class" Mr. Lee announces as he leaves the class. I stood up and grabbed my things, about to leave, but I halt as someone held my wrist.

Everyone left the classroom since they were probably too excited to go home. The class was only left with me and Jay.

"Hey. Is something wrong?" I hear Jay's concerned voice.

"Let go of me" I say as I pulled my wrist back. I continued to walk.

"You haven't been answering my calls. We don't walk home together anymore." he says sadly.

I once again halt from my walk.

"I'm starting to think I did something wrong" he walks towards me. This time he is in front of me, stopping me from walking any further.

He holds my hand and I felt my heart ache a little because as much as this man infuriates me, I still missed him very much.

"Did I do something wrong?" he asks softly.

After two weeks of ignoring him, I finally looked at him in the eye and I started tearing up.

"Tell me the reason why you stopped contacting me" I started.

"What?"

"Tell me the reason why you stopped replying to my texts when you moved to America" I continued.

He was taken aback by my question. Never expecting me to ask such a thing.

"Was it because of Charlotte?" I say slowly, scared of his response.

His expression changed to a more serious one. I saw how he clenched his jaw.

"Please tell me that's not the reason you've been ignoring me" he says out of disbelief.

"So what if it is? Do you blame me for thinking such a thing?" I say back.

He sighs "I've told you already. Charlotte is just a friend, she's always been" he says trying to assure me.

"Then tell me why you started ignoring me!" I snapped at him unconsciously.

I was furious. I was furious at the fact he kept dodging my questions. The fact of him denying his history with Charlotte, only making me feel that my assumption was indeed correct.

"Avery relax, please talk to me calmly" he speaks softly.

"Jay, how do you expect me to react when I don't know a thing. When you did not once tell me anything about you" I say, my voice cracking.

"You told me to trust you, and I tried and tried and I'm so tired of trying."

"Then please, just trust me. Trust me, one more time." he says, almost begging.