43.5 💫

Avery's POV

I sneezed for the nth time today. I was feeling sick for almost my whole stay here in our rest house and I was not getting any better.

My mom and I indeed bought groceries before heading over here, but I was too occupied with my thoughts to even get up and prepare myself a meal.

Plus I didn't have any appetite.

I was laying on the couch of our living room trying to watch a show from Netflix as my body was getting weaker and weaker.

I checked my phone to see if Mia replied with the meds' name however she didn't respond.

"I'll just take a nap," I said as I started feeling cold even though the air conditioner is off.

As I was about to doze off into dreamland, I heard a doorbell.

Could it be mom? I thought as I slowly stood up, feeling my body burning up once again.

Once I reached the door I took a peek at the peephole and saw Jay

I took a few steps back, not expecting him to be here

Who told him I was here?! I cursed mentally

Was it Mia? You know what, forget about the whole trusting Mia about my whereabouts. How can she do this to me?!

"Avery? Are you there?" he called out from behind the door as I started to panic

"Go away"

"Avery please open up"

"I don't want to see you right now. leave me alone"

"Look, as much as you hate me can we please push it aside for now. You're sick and I'm really worried about you"

How did he know- okay, this is Mia's doing.

"I can take care of myself"

I heard him sigh

"I don't want to lose someone again because of some sickness. so please, let me take care of you then you can hate me after for as long as you want" I heard the sadness in his voice and started to feel bad

The man did have a point, if I don't take care of myself I might get sick and I don't want that.

I thought for a while and later opened the door.

Our eyes met and I saw how his face lit up but later faltered at the sight of me.

I was wearing sweatpants, a sweater smudged with ketchup, and chips crumbs as I had my hair all messy.

"Come in-" I sneezed

..at his face

I didn't mean it!!

He closed his eyes at the sudden sneeze and slowly wiped it off

I was about to apologize but then I remembered I still hated him